PDA

View Full Version : Caution - New Era Aquaculture LPS pellet and Anemone

Cugio
08-30-2011, 02:24 AM
So I received a bag of the LPS pellets that could be moulded into different shapes and feed some to my bubble tip anemone. That was yesterday. Today, my BTA is barely alive. I normally feed only frozen food but thought I would give stuff a try. What gives?

kien
08-30-2011, 02:43 AM
What gives?

Just my guess, but anemone's are not LPS ?

kien
08-30-2011, 02:44 AM
nevermind, I need to learn how to read betters! That stuff should be good for anemone's too!

I don't know what gives, sorry :(

Carmen
08-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Maybe it's just pooping...shrunken in and deflated?....just pooping, usually recovers in a day....or is it melting and/or open mouth/gaping?...

reefwars
08-30-2011, 03:19 AM
[quote=Cugio;632521]So I received a bag of the LPS pellets that could be moulded into different shapes and feed some to my bubble tip anemone. That was yesterday. Today, my BTA is barely alive. I normally feed only frozen food but thought I would give stuff a try. What gives?[/quote

did you clean your hands when moulding the food?? possible contamination would be my guess unless the helping was too much or too large for the nem.honestly i barely feed bubble tips i find they do fine with strong enough lighting and good water:)

Cugio
08-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Hi, thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens in the next few days. It was completely deflated and stringy as Carmen mentioned. I can't see it's mouth but it looked like something flattened all the tentacles. No slime yet.

Carmen, your so funny. When I am on vacation I don't do any work at all.

Carmen
08-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi, thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens in the next few days. It was completely deflated and stringy as Carmen mentioned. I can't see it's mouth but it looked like something flattened all the tentacles. No slime yet.

Carmen, your so funny. When I am on vacation I don't do any work at all.

Lol! I guess I love my work!...;) and canreef is kinda cool you know!

Sounds like the nem could be ok...flat, stringy really may just be pooping...;) should know tomorrow! Good luck!:wink: