PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Elos Pro line Potassium test?

spawn
08-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Hi just wondering if anyone has used this test, compared to any others, & have been happy with the results? Thx.

The Grizz
08-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Where did you get the test kit, I would like to get one as well.

spawn
08-29-2011, 12:45 AM
I bought yesterday @ ocean city, I didn't really notice if there were more, maybe give them a call.

spawn
08-29-2011, 02:46 AM
TTT

Myka
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Have been using it. I used the Zeovit potassium kit for a couple years before making the switch. I much prefer the Elos kit, as it is so much easier to read I find. It seems that the Zeovit and Elos kits give very similar readings too.

spawn
08-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks Myka, I thought it was an easy to read test as well, but I'm happy to have comparative results. Now I have to get my k levels up! Hopefully it will help with my purple acros.

Myka
08-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I wasn't sure if I was seeing results from potassium dosing or not (too many changes in the tank's chemistry to tell what came from where). I was using Zeovit K-Balance Strong. The K-Balance ran out, and I haven't dosed potassium in about three months now as I wanted to experiment with results. The level has dropped around 250 ppm now and has been there for a couple months. Now I'm thinking that I probably did see results, and I'm going back to dosing as soon as I get around to ordering supplement.

What supplement are you using? I am going to try Brightwell Aquatics potassium powder this time around. I generally prefer powders to liquids, so I'm hoping the product works well.

spawn
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm using tailored Aquatics, my k levels were at 250 mg/ltr as well. I've been dosing up since sat. So will check levels again tonight, & be able to tell what kinds of gains I'm getting with a daily double dose. Will post gains later.

Re-tested after 48 hrs of dosing 10 ml per day on 55gl GWV & levels have risen to 280-290-ish also added 2ml of PKB this am. so a change of about 15 mg/ltr per day. I may slow it down a little bit more, so another week+ of slow additions to get to NSW levels. A notable change in the tips of 1 of the purple corals I am trying to darken up. Hopefully this will continue.