PDA

View Full Version : mated clowns with eggs

eisa
08-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Hey Guyz,

I have My Clown laid egg`s, I have other fishes in the tank too.... I am sure when they hatch they will be eaten.

Give me a good price & take the mated Clowns & eggs, if you guyz good then u can make good money....

Txt me at 778.885.8882 if interested.

Thanks

paddyob
08-28-2011, 02:49 AM
I doubt you can move the eggs successfully.

Mated clowns will produce more so don't waste your time trying to collect them.

Bump for mated clowns.

Myka
08-28-2011, 05:44 AM
You can move clown eggs pretty easily actually...it just takes patience to sit there with a straw scraping them off and piping them out.

What kind of clowns are they?

paddyob
08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Myka not everyone has your skill!! Haha.

I would be more than shocked to see an average reefer do it successfully. AND then have them transplant and live.

Good luck either way.

Bump.

howdy20012002
08-31-2011, 06:04 PM
i wouldn't scrap them off.
IMO, most, if not all, will die if you attempt to scrap them off. Eggs are resilient to water variances, but not so much to physical contact.
if you read up on them, even a heavy flow of air bubbles can actually damage the eggs, never mind physical extraction.
as well, as soon as you bother the adults by attempting to move them, there is a 99.99 percent chance they will not go near the eggs again.
additionally, if moved, it can take up to 6 months or more to get them to lay eggs again.
you would be better off keeping them IMO.
I would give no chance whatsoever in anyone moving and getting these eggs to hatch.
Just my opinion.
Neal

Myka
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Myka not everyone has your skill!! Haha.

I would be more than shocked to see an average reefer do it successfully. AND then have them transplant and live.

Good luck either way.

Bump.

You just have to wait until the evening they are due to hatch. Cut a straw to a 60 degree angle, then cut the very tip off so there is a little flat part. Turn the pumps in the tank off. Next, while in the air put your finger over the uncut end and go down to the eggs (finger keeps air in the straw). Use the cut tip at the base of each egg where it meets the rock as soon as the egg lets go (it's not that difficult when the eggs are older) take your finger off the end for a second to suck up the egg. Transfer to larvae tank. Most of them will hatch during the transfer or shortly after if you do it at the right time. Takes forever, but works well. I haven't raised clownfish in years, but I used to do this all the time with 95-100% success.

Madreefer
08-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Thats interesting Myka. So how do you determine hatching night? I have clowns that are constantly laying eggs and of course they are on a rock at the bottom which would involve a complete deconstruction of the rock work to get out. Seems like alot of hard work for the male to look after just to have them eat them when they hatch.

Myka
08-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Get a larvae trap or build one, it's way easier. Look up April Kirkendoll for a good DIY larvae trap. The eggs will hatch on a certain day depending on species and temperature. You can tell by looking at them too, just start paying attention to what day they are laid and what day they disappear. It will most likely be very consistent.

I did the egg picking technique until someone turned the light on for me and pointed me towards a larvae trap! :lol:

BlueWorldAquatic
08-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Just move the rock into a down tank. As Neil said the eggs are quite resilient to water change.

Depending on the clowns, most will hatch the 8th night of spawn. About 2 hours after lights out.

I have found you get a better hatch rate when the tank is pitch black with no light at all.