PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with a basement layout.

ALBERTA REEF
08-27-2011, 06:36 PM
As the title says. People who know me I think big but never fellow through because I am all was think of the next big think in my head. Here it is basement.:twised:

lastlight
08-27-2011, 07:57 PM
2-part epoxy for the walls and floor. Fill.

ALBERTA REEF
08-28-2011, 03:24 PM
2-part epoxy for the walls and floor. Fill.

Leave it for Brent for a witty come back. Buddy your are slipping. Usely come up with them faster then this!:lol:

So no one. How adout a design layout program that I can get.

mark
08-28-2011, 03:39 PM
google sketchup

Myka
08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
You're leaving it pretty open. I think you need more specific questions, or at least provide more information. Size? What do you want in the basement? What's there now? Etc, etc, etc

ALBERTA REEF
08-28-2011, 03:52 PM
You're leaving it pretty open. I think you need more specific questions, or at least provide more information. Size? What do you want in the basement? What's there now? Etc, etc, etc

Ok! Here goes. Raw basement. Nothing done. Bear bones. Size have not measured yet. I would like to keep it open concept with a big tank or tanks. Even a easy program would help. then I can play with layouts floor plans. The basement is kind of a odd shape.

mike31154
08-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Sometimes drawing it out on a piece of graph paper is a good way to start. No need for new software that you need to learn to use and may only use once or twice. Fire up the printer, there are more than likely some templates out there that will allow you to print the graph paper yourself with squares of whatever dimension is convenient, whether mm, cm or inch. Then you can apply the desired scale, say one square = 1 foot and sketch away. If you need something larger than the standard 8 1/2 by 11 sheet, simply tape a few together.

Myka
08-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Ok! Here goes. Raw basement. Nothing done. Bear bones. Size have not measured yet. I would like to keep it open concept with a big tank or tanks. Even a easy program would help. then I can play with layouts floor plans. The basement is kind of a odd shape.

That's it? Just tanks? No TV room or man cave? What kind of tanks? Any atypical requirements?

ALBERTA REEF
08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Single father one 5 year old little girl. My whole house is pertty mutch man land. So as big of a tank I can get down there. Frag tanks, sea horse tank, lagoon tank, live rock vaults, mangrove tank. Fish room you know the basics.