PDA

View Full Version : DIY Fish trap success

MarkoD
08-27-2011, 01:33 PM
few day ago i decided to try and catch my coral beauty which turned out to be impossible with a net.

so i found some pieces of acrylic and put together this trap.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/IvankaD/Picture7.png

i put food down the tube and had the door held open by fishing line..... less than 24 hours the coral beauty swam in, i cut the line and bang, caught the fish :)

i thought it would take at least a few days before they got comfortable with it even being in there.

wingedfish
08-27-2011, 01:41 PM
I recently used a 2L clear pop bottle to catch my bi color angel, my coral beauty, and sail fin tang. But the cinnamon clown that I built it for wouldn't even look at it.

fishoholic
08-27-2011, 01:47 PM
That's awesome that it worked out for you. I've used similar traps and sometimes they work like a charm and other times you'll catch every fish but the one you're trying to catch :twised:

MarkoD
08-27-2011, 02:03 PM
That's awesome that it worked out for you. I've used similar traps and sometimes they work like a charm and other times you'll catch every fish but the one you're trying to catch :twised:

yeah the only 3 fish going in there were my cleaner wrasse, fairy wrasse and then finally the coral beauty.