PDA

View Full Version : need help w/ tunze osmolator

don.ald
08-26-2011, 11:13 PM
this is a second unit. i have always used these without problems.
set up my osmolator and when the water level goes below the sensor the green light goes out and the yellow light turns on then the pump (as it should), however; the pump continues to pump until the float alarm goes off and shuts down the pump. then the too high light is on. keeps reacurring.
my top off water is lower than the aquarium as it should be.
it is pumping about 4' high and the top off pail is about 4' from the tank.
its in a cube type tank sort of a biocube style so the chamber with the return pump is the lowest water level.
:question:
any thoughts?

Bblinks
08-26-2011, 11:22 PM
I would put my money on the optic eye being slightly unleveled. I had a similar issue with mine, I played around with the sensor for a good hour before it finally started to function correctly. Let us know how it turns out.

Mandosh
08-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Try rinsing the sensor in hot soapy water or vinegar.

don.ald
08-26-2011, 11:27 PM
I would put my money on the optic eye being slightly unleveled. I had a similar issue with mine, I played around with the sensor for a good hour before it finally started to function correctly. Let us know how it turns out.

is yours the newer model with the magnet? or the old clip on style?
i have never had issues like this before. the older unit can even have some wavy hto and doesnt effect it. with this unit the sensor is underwater it still does not shut down.

Bblinks
08-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Newer model with the magnet... Both sensors are on one magnet.

don.ald
08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
K. will try the ballancing act and will clean its butt with vinegar. will let ya know. thanks

megs_clark
08-27-2011, 12:26 AM
I was having the same problem. I just bought mine last month. I had the black tubing just stuck in the water of my sump. I had to raise the tubing out of the water for it to stop overfilling. It was creating a siphon and would pump the water till the alarm would go off and then shut off. As soon as I raised the one end up it stopped. Might be the problem?

don.ald
08-27-2011, 12:35 AM
I was having the same problem. I just bought mine last month. I had the black tubing just stuck in the water of my sump. I had to raise the tubing out of the water for it to stop overfilling. It was creating a siphon and would pump the water till the alarm would go off and then shut off. As soon as I raised the one end up it stopped. Might be the problem?
hi megs. yeah mine is out of the water. no back siphon. and my top off is below the level.

don.ald
08-27-2011, 09:30 PM
so today i tried again. set it all up cleaned it etc. i even read the manual *twice*.
so whats happening is that it works but every 10 miniutes the water pump turns on and fills. this goes on until the alarm goes off and it is over filled. must be a faulty sensor or controller?

ALang
08-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Could very well be. I have one of the ATO, and mine works great almost from the get-go.
The only problems was due to me, trying to level the sensors (On the magnet), so that it could read correctly. Then I had the filling tube under the sump water level, so it kept back-siphoning until the alarm went on.

After I leveled out the sensors and cinched up the tube to three inches above the water level in my sump, it ran perfectly since.

If you have done all of the about suggestion, and it still malfunctions, I'd return it for another one.