PDA

View Full Version : Midas blenny thoughts

Delphinus
08-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm tempted to add a midas blenny to my 65g fowlr. Current inhabitants are a falcula butterfly (aka double saddleback), a golden dwarf eel, and a pair of diamond (aka orange spotted) gobies.

Thoughts?

I read that they sometimes might nip at gobies so I'm cautious about proceeding.

Carmen
08-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey Tony,
My Midas never bothered my gobies. However they can be a little fiesty sometimes. Mine had a problem with my royal grama and a wrasse but it seemed to be more related to the proximity of their space to his, more than the type of fish.
Cool fish though! And I would definitely own a Midas again!!

chandigz
08-24-2011, 01:28 AM
My 3" midas blenny hated everyone and nipped at everything. Clowns, gobies, wrasses, cardnals, tangs you name it. Luckily(or unluckily) my one inch frogfish rescue liked him.(who said it wouldn't eat?) He was a really cool fish. I just wish he wasn't such a ba$tard. He was one of the first fish in the tank after a restartso he may have had a different personality if he was added later.

Skimmerking
08-24-2011, 02:34 AM
my midas hangs with my Bi color blenny, Algea blenny, and the prawn goby. and most of the time he hangs in the current follwoing the yellow tangs , However I have retarded Fish Tony.

fishoholic
08-24-2011, 03:03 AM
I had one that was very timid, he was a little fish in a big tank with lots of other fish that were there before him, so not to surprising he was timid. Unfortunately mine was also dumb. He did do ok in my tank for a few months but then he got a bad scrape on his side from crashing into the rocks and he went downhill from there, stopped eating and eventually disappeared.

pyke
08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
mine was timid but kept getting in the overflows, I must have scooped him out a half dozen times before he jumped out of the tank.

Very cool looking fish though. Found a little hole in the rock and backed in everytime.