PDA

View Full Version : I have a Confession

marie
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I like to mess with the fish tanks..... I even secretly like it when my rockwork falls apart because it gives me a chance to try something different

Pics will follow after the sand has settled down again :lol:

Hawkaholic
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Nothing wrong with that marie...I do the same thing...I intentionally knock a rock over..."damn I have to rescape the whole tank now":sad::mrgreen:

MarkoD
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Doesn't that stress out your fish?

marie
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Doesn't that stress out your fish?

Just the opposite, they are all pain in the butts because they move into where the rock used to be hunting for tiny morsels. I thought my copperband was going to follow one of the rocks I was lifting, right out of the tank :lol:

Hawkaholic
08-21-2011, 09:35 PM
I think it stresses the reefer out more than the fish.

banditpowdercoat
08-21-2011, 09:43 PM
I havn't had my hand in my tank in over 4 months!!
Been leaving it how it is. I clean glass with magfloat, and take the Algae out of the overflow. BUt with a bare bottom and my light stocking. No need for me to be in there. I have to change that me thinks. Need to recapture the 'fun' I had with my tank. At present, it's just there.. I feed, then off to somehting else

marie
08-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Been leaving it how it is. I clean glass with magfloat, and take the Algae out of the overflow. BUt with a bare bottom and my light stocking. No need for me to be in there. I have to change that me thinks. Need to recapture the 'fun' I had with my tank. At present, it's just there.. I feed, then off to somehting else

I made a new years resolution to not mess with my tanks for a year. It was horrible but I did last about 10 months and then I removed every last piece of rock in there and completely relandscaped......:lol:

MarkoD
08-21-2011, 10:01 PM

why would you clean out the algae from your overflow? no one sees it and it acts like an algae scrubber or refugium

banditpowdercoat
08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
why would you clean out the algae from your overflow? no one sees it and it acts like an algae scrubber or refugium

cause it clogs the drain.

MarkoD
08-21-2011, 10:49 PM
cause it clogs the drain.

no stand pipe?

banditpowdercoat
08-22-2011, 01:21 AM
no stand pipe?

I have a internal, coast to coast overflow with 3 1.5" drains in the back wall. The Algae loves to choke off the drains

christyf5
08-22-2011, 02:57 AM
I have a internal, coast to coast overflow with 3 1.5" drains in the back wall. The Algae loves to choke off the drains

same here, although removing some of it does export nutrients :biggrin:

banditpowdercoat
08-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Yeah. And I have a bunch in my sump :D the GHA fights the cheato, all while about 125,679 Feather worms watch