PDA

View Full Version : frogspawn question...

cathyg_99
08-19-2011, 04:00 PM
i want to move a few corals around and im just wondering if he will sting by fuzzy mushrooms, palys or zoas? another option would be moving him towards the galaxy...

thanks

mark
08-19-2011, 04:11 PM
never noticed stinger on mine but still good practice to have some separation from the other corals you like.

Proteus
08-19-2011, 04:16 PM
I would give it 6" of clearance frOm any others

cathyg_99
08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
never noticed stinger on mine but still good practice to have some separation from the other corals you like.

well there will still be a separation about 2 inches from him but im trying to decide what corals can go on that 2 inch mark... and are less likely to be killed

cathyg_99
08-19-2011, 04:30 PM
I would give it 6" of clearance frOm any others

yeah that wont work its a 28g nano, 6 inches of clearance is half my tank... hes away from most of them but i just added a candy cane and would like to move him far far away so im trying to decide what i can swap so there a little closer to him and the candy cane is farther

ScubaSteve
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I'md err on moving the frogspawn towards the zoas and mushrooms rather than the galaxy. I'd give the galaxy a wide bearth, especially one it detects the frogspawn close by it'll put out the sweepers and start messing the frogspawn up.

reefwars
08-19-2011, 07:44 PM
2 inches of clearance wont really cut it for a frogspawn as they grow to be huge ,same with the galaxy plus the galaxy's sweepers are powerful stuff;)

FitoPharmer
08-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Galaxy corals have an extremely potent sting. In the pet store I worked at I a cut galaxy coral sweeper tentacle over 8" long coming from a colony smaller then 5" round. It was also just about closing time (lights off) so I think it just started extending and might have been longer. We hardly ever brought them in because of the sweepers, almost every galaxy we had sweepers to one extend or another.

daniella3d
08-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Mine developed some very long tentacles and once my cup coral fell on it for a few second and it was enough to burn it where it touched the frogspawn. They have a very potent sting to keep them a few inches from other corals.

i want to move a few corals around and im just wondering if he will sting by fuzzy mushrooms, palys or zoas? another option would be moving him towards the galaxy...

thanks