PDA

View Full Version : A Poll in Vendors ratings

BCOrchidGuy
01-29-2004, 01:56 AM
I've started a poll in Vendors ratings, I'd appreciate it if you can take the time to go and cast your opinion. I don't want names, just... what you like. Is price most important to you or is customer service more important than price.. or, do you want to be treated like a prima dona and get both... (hope that doesn't offend anyone)

Doug

StirCrazy
01-29-2004, 01:58 AM
do you want to be treated like a prima dona and get both...

Doug

:eek: ME ME ME MEMEME ME ME ME ME :mrgreen:

Steve

BCOrchidGuy
01-29-2004, 02:06 AM
Sad thing is.. me too.. ya know, all joking aside I don't think it's unreasonable to want both...

Doug

sumpfinfishe
01-30-2004, 08:10 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with you and Steve, Doug :frown:

I don't mind paying alittle more if I'm getting better quality animals or products. As for the service, over the years I have come to expect a higher level of service at certain LFS's, where as others LFS's may not have better service-which is a given- but instead sometimes a healthier animal or higher quality product may be available :biggrin:

BCOrchidGuy
01-30-2004, 04:38 PM
Rich?? but.. but.. but.. I'm the "Doug" you can't disagree with me... can you?

Okay, god complex aside, I agree somewhat, I'd rather pay more for good livestock as long as I get good customer service. If I go into a store and they are trying to sell me stuff that's half dead, who cares if it's at half price... sometimes I'll try a coral that's struggling, maybe but often not. But Steve and I and others agree, you should be able to get "Great livestock" "Fair Pricing" and "Excellent Customer service". It isn't unreasonable to ask. Anyway, if we all agreed on everything we'd have nothing to talk about would we.

Doug

sumpfinfishe
01-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Doug :biggrin:

The way I see it is it's like going out for dinner :biggrin:

If you go to Trader Vics at the Bayshore-your gonna get excellent food and great service

If you go to Mcdonalds your gonna get crappy food with usually crappy service

If you go to say White Spot your gonna get half decent food at a half decent price

So purchasing demands are going to depend good quality, service, budget, and and time factors

If I'm in a rush and need a half dozen hermits, then I don't care if I have to stop at the "drive through" LFS

If I have a whole wack of time and I'm looking for something rare then I will shop at the "fine dinning" LFS

And finally I will most often settle with the "famliy style resturant" LFS for most of my day to day purchases :mrgreen:

marie
01-30-2004, 11:51 PM
living in splendid isolation like I do I have no choice, I have to take what vendors will ship me. Actually shipping is a customer service now that I think about it.

BCOrchidGuy
01-31-2004, 12:19 AM
Yes I guess shipping is a customer service. Good Point.. hows things up in PR? I used to drive up there all the time (Maverick coach lines) and I used to hunt on Texada alot until someone shot at me with a rifle during bow only season...

Doug

StirCrazy
01-31-2004, 01:26 AM
Doug :biggrin:

The way I see it is it's like going out for dinner :biggrin:

If you go to Trader Vics at the Bayshore-your gonna get excellent food and great service

If you go to Mcdonalds your gonna get crappy food with usually crappy service

If you go to say White Spot your gonna get half decent food at a half decent price

no way Mcdonnalds is awsome food with some ofthe best customer service (smiles are free :mrgreen: )

white spot is bad food with mediocher customer service.

Steve

marie
01-31-2004, 01:55 AM
I used to hunt on Texada alot until someone shot at me with a rifle during bow only season...

Doug

Somebody probably thought you were threatening there plantation :razz:

BCOrchidGuy
01-31-2004, 02:59 AM
lol never thought about that... either way, I gave it up for life (ya know what I mean) I used to make and sell traditional archery equipment so my buddies and I would hunt with flat bows and long bows that I had made. It was much more enjoyable than hunting with a rifle, much more challenging.. and... less productive to say the least but, it sure was enjoyable. Buddy of mine killed a 350-400lbs black bear with a long bow (not on Texada) from about 3 yards. He said he's never been so scared in his life. Anyway,

Doug