PDA

View Full Version : Icy problem

Kelvin
08-15-2011, 04:06 AM
I got icy I brought down my salinity 0.1009 waited about 7 day started
To raise salinity after the ich was gone my black damsel became white
And my blue Atlantic tang goes back and forth very fast all day and his face
Goes white some times I don't no if the ich has come back if so should
I lower salinity again ? I have corals and live rock I took corals out and invertabries I'm worried if my live rock will die with the low salinity what should I do.

Tracey2
08-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Test for amonia, you may already have die off.

fishytime
08-16-2011, 12:35 AM
how quickly did you raise the salinity???

daniella3d
08-16-2011, 01:15 AM
It does not seem like you did any reading before doing this treatment! first off you must leave the fish in hypo for 4 weeks! second, salinity must be raised VERY SLOWLY! not more than 0.003 point per day, so to raise from 1.009 to 1.025 must take at least a week.

Your are going to creat an osmotic shock by raising the salinity too fast, plus...no way the ick is gone after only 1 week. You may thing it's gone because the white dots are gone but the parasite take MUCH longer to die.

Better start doing some reading if you want to keep any fish alive or an aquarium.

LIve rock is ok but all the pods and worms, bristle stars etc will die. I always do my hypo treatments with liverock to maintain an ammonia free QT. It is the best filtration ever. My liverock is always fine doing this. Of course not the coral or inverts.

I got icy I brought down my salinity 0.1009 waited about 7 day started
To raise salinity after the ich was gone my black damsel became white
And my blue Atlantic tang goes back and forth very fast all day and his face
Goes white some times I don't no if the ich has come back if so should
I lower salinity again ? I have corals and live rock I took corals out and invertabries I'm worried if my live rock will die with the low salinity what should I do.

Kelvin
08-16-2011, 04:27 AM
It does not seem like you did any reading before doing this treatment! first off you must leave the fish in hypo for 4 weeks! second, salinity must be raised VERY SLOWLY! not more than 0.003 point per day, so to raise from 1.009 to 1.025 must take at least a week.

Your are going to creat an osmotic shock by raising the salinity too fast, plus...no way the ick is gone after only 1 week. You may thing it's gone because the white dots are gone but the parasite take MUCH longer to die.

Better start doing some reading if you want to keep any fish alive or an aquarium.

LIve rock is ok but all the pods and worms, bristle stars etc will die. I always do my hypo treatments with liverock to maintain an ammonia free QT. It is the best filtration ever. My liverock is always fine doing this. Of course not Ththe coral or inverts.thanks I took all my live rock out left live rock and live sand in tank and lowered my salinity again

Kelvin
08-16-2011, 04:31 AM
how quickly did you raise the salinity???0.003 per day when I got it to 0.1012 the fish started to act strange