PDA

View Full Version : WTB tank w/ or w/o stand in Saskatoon, SK

ameliadnkoche
01-28-2004, 07:55 PM
I need a tank, nothing fancy, to cycle for my move to my fiance's home in Saskatoon. Basically, nothing more than a 29+ that he can throw on the floor and fill with saltwater and LR and cycle so when me and the babies get there they have a safe place to stay until my 75 and 46 are up and established again.

I'd prefer not to have to pay for a fancy stand, but if it comes with one of those retro dual cast iron stands that would be fine, as I have several pairs of breeding clownfish so it could potentially be useful even after the move.

Thank you!

Skimmerking
01-28-2004, 08:21 PM
if you know of any one wanting to buy a 280 gl tank with stand i have one for sale the sdtand id been cut up lots due to the tank being into the wall all you would need is to redo the canopy and stand out side if you are good with
MDF then you have a good stand..

Mike
the tank is 5/8 galss 72x30x30 andare drilled in each ends 1.25 " holes.

ameliadnkoche
01-29-2004, 12:25 AM
lol Thanks, but I was thinking more like 55 or so...Its not going to be a permanent tank, and I have several because I breed clownfish...can't afford for one of my several to be that huge...

d.serko
01-29-2004, 02:25 AM
welcome to saskatoon, nice to know another saltwater enthusiast is coming to the area, not too many around here. Your fiance should look in the star phoenix newspaper classifieds. you can fairly regularly find some decent deals on used tanks.
ps. what all types of clowns have you raised

ameliadnkoche
01-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty nervous about the move....I'm actually coming from the US. :) Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have him check that out!

I am raising black a. ocellaris right now, and am working on acquiring a pair of SI a. perculas before coming to Canada...as I know in the area I'm going to, it might be YEARS before I ever see one again.

If I could muster up the guts to risk losing about $600 US in clownfish alone, I'm considering bringing a pair of a. alkindydos, as well....

Bob I
01-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Do you actually raise the young of these breeding clownfish :question: If so is there a secret :question: :eek: