PDA

View Full Version : Vortech MP40 Claims Life

Madreefer
08-13-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm so pizzed right now. I decided to turn up my MP40's to 100% on reef crest mode and also move my longnosed hawkfish's favourite acro closer to the pump. Zum14 gave him to me last year and he had become my favourite fish. Bad move on my part as the pump won. Dammit. Turned pumps back down to 80%

MarkoD
08-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm so pizzed right now. I decided to turn up my MP40's to 100% on reef crest mode and also move my longnosed hawkfish's favourite acro closer to the pump. Zum14 gave him to me last year and he had become my favourite fish. Bad move on my part as the pump won. Dammit. Turned pumps back down to 80%

yikes that sucks. the only time i've ever had a fish get sucked into a powerhead was when its dying and doesnt have the strength to swim away

whatcaneyedo
08-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Crap. Does the Vortech stop briefly on that mode allowing fish to swim inside? I recently set up to Tunzes as a wave maker but I just have them go from 30-60% because I'm afraid if I let them stop completely my tailspot blenny will swim inside.

DAVE
08-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Healthy fish will not get killed by the powerhead.

...fish will not swim inside a moving power head.

Unless your tank is really that bad and they are trying to commit suicide .....(kidding)

dsaundry
08-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Healthy fish will not get killed by the powerhead.

...fish will not swim inside a moving power head.

Agree most of the time...have seen the odd accident though.

viperfish
08-13-2011, 08:33 PM
... not to mention, they make quite the anemone puree (speaking from experience).

Madreefer
08-14-2011, 03:13 AM
To elaborate on the story. The coral that the hawkfish lived in was moved to the other side of my tank where a purple dottyback hangs out. He constantly would take swipes at the hawk. I witnessed him do it this time and the hawk darted right in to the pump. My own fault, I forgot about that stupid dottyback. Had I known that would happen I would have left the acro where it was at a much lower part of the tank. I thought it would like to be closer to my lights. The fish was healthy.