PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Aquarium Sleep Over Sept.23

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-13-2011, 12:39 AM
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/vancouver-aquatic-hobbyist-society-67/vancouver-aquarium-sleepover-18663/

It's being organized by Dave, who helps run the VAHC and works at the Van. Aquarium. Should be lots of fun. Behind the scenes tours & a shark dissection is included.

Best of all, sleep in the BELUGA observation room. Woohooo!!!!!

Used to give this tour in the late 80s, early 90s as a volunteer for the Night Stalker tours and it was a lot of fun. This will be even better.

Irene, Felicia & I will be going. Hope to see some of you there. Just contact Dave and let him know you heard it on the site.

fishoholic
08-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Cool, wish I lived closer.

apexifd
08-13-2011, 02:26 AM
so... what will be cost for a family of 3?

and what happens to the shark fin?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-13-2011, 06:08 AM
It's per person (around $73). I know its quite expensive but a pretty unique opportunity. It's not the standard overnight sleepover tour that other groups organize. Since Dave works at the Aquarium and runs the VAHC fish club, he's been able to get some extras for the real fish nuts to oooh and aaaah over.

Besides the shark dissection, he's got the guy who runs the jellyfish exhibit coming in to give a show and tell spiel for attendees.

PM on the way to Apexifd.

Anthony

Gooly001
08-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Hey Anthony,

Can you shoot me the details? I'd love to take my niece to it.

Thanks

Paul

It's per person (around $73). I know its quite expensive but a pretty unique opportunity. It's not the standard overnight sleepover tour that other groups organize. Since Dave works at the Aquarium and runs the VAHC fish club, he's been able to get some extras for the real fish nuts to oooh and aaaah over.

Besides the shark dissection, he's got the guy who runs the jellyfish exhibit coming in to give a show and tell spiel for attendees.

PM on the way to Apexifd.

Anthony

Gooly001
08-13-2011, 06:24 AM
NM. I found the proper link.

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/vancouver-aquatic-hobbyist-society-67/vancouver-aquarium-sleepover-18663/

Thanks for the heads up on that Anthony.

Cheers,

Paul

msjboy
08-13-2011, 08:11 AM
I was at the aquarium recently and did notice the sleep over nites for kids, what have you... Wonder
what they do with all the excess trimmings albeit i noticed only a few kinds of corals being mushrooms, bubble coral and a sun coral tank. Maybe the dude will give you some freebies:lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-14-2011, 06:28 AM
A regular sleepover night at the Aquarium is $125+HST. This one is extraspecial and on for $66+HST or just over $73. Yes, not cheap but still a better deal than the standard sleepover.

And sorry for posting the wrong link. You can contact Dave to let him know you want to go to this. Needs to have 25 people booked & paid for by end of the month for this to go forward. I dropped off my $$ today:wink:

I fixed my original post as well so others won't get confused.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
The sign-up deadline has been extended to September 16th so if any of you are really interested, please contact Dave and let him know ASAP.

Anthony

NightShadeFairy
08-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I want to go, I am having a difficult time contacting anyone regarding sign up.. Any help would be great! I'm so excited, always wanted to do this!!

marie
08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I want to go, I am having a difficult time contacting anyone regarding sign up.. Any help would be great! I'm so excited, always wanted to do this!!

You are having a hard time contacting anyone because this is an old thread and this all happened a year ago....

NightShadeFairy
08-06-2012, 02:05 AM
You are having a hard time contacting anyone because this is an old thread and this all happened a year ago....

Oh my goodness! How embarrassing and super sad! I am still learning my way around in here and guess u need to remember to check the posting date.. This Dave guy @ the Aquarium must think I'm nuts. I am not sure how I am finding these old posts! I just assumed whatever I see is recent.. Lesson learned..
My kids and I are both super disappointed! Oh well hopefully this happens again! :(
Thanks very much Marie for letting me know, I really appreciate the help until I am better at using this forum.
Jocelyn

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-06-2012, 05:59 AM

Thanks Marie.

Jocelyn, you're not the only one. Seems quite a few old threads get revived long after an event is over or something is sold. Sometimes from YEARS ago, so this one is less than a year old which makes it not as bad:wink:

Anthony

Snaz
08-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Looks like a great event, did it happen? How was it?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
It did happen and it was awesome. Felicia still keeps asking Daddy when is the next Aquarium sleepover.:wink:

NightShadeFairy
08-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I really, really hope they do one again, I was so looking forward to it! :)

Ginu
09-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I will attend if they will organize another event like this as well.
Cheers