PDA

View Full Version : help me find good cheap corals

eisa
08-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Hey guyz, started this beautiful hobby got a 90g tank... wondering if any hookup's for beautiful cheap corals I could find... stores are expensive.. any Ideals would be very appreciated...

Mandosh
08-12-2011, 08:36 AM
What type of coral are you looking for?

eisa
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
mostly soft

chef
08-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I learned a lesson few months back. Cheap corals are exactly that "cheap". Better to buy less of them and splurge on the ones ya really like.If you gaze at your aquarium As much as I do, it's worth the expense. Nothing satisfying in this hobby is cheap, IMO

ScubaSteve
08-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey Eisa, gimme a PM. I've got some wicked electric green sinularia for ya. Fluoresces like crazy under actinics.

By the way, what lights are you running?

whatcaneyedo
08-13-2011, 12:33 AM
I learned a lesson few months back. Cheap corals are exactly that "cheap". Better to buy less of them and splurge on the ones ya really like.If you gaze at your aquarium As much as I do, it's worth the expense. Nothing satisfying in this hobby is cheap, IMO

Oh I don't know about that. It really sucks when a $30-50 1/2" frag dies. I believe its a much better idea to start out with some inexpensive local frags. I grew this colony from a frag that I got for free and getting it to this size was pretty satisfying.

Eisa, I can ship frags and I do have a few soft ones to choose from. Send me a PM for more details if you're interested. However I think you'll have no problem finding what you're after down there.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/whatcaneyedo/IMG_8468.jpg

Barrie
08-13-2011, 02:53 AM
I have some toadstool leather frags for sale if you're interested - they grow fast, easy to care for, and look great. Pm me for details if you're interested.

Madreefer
08-13-2011, 03:15 AM
There should be a reputation rating on members like some other public forums. If there was one for frag sales Whatcaneyedo would be at the top. Check out his thread. Very cheap, big and healthy corals that he calls frags.

eisa
08-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks for taking time & updating me with all the good stuff.... would love to take a look & buy stuff from you guyz... Thanks guyzzz

ScubaSteve
08-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Oh I don't know about that. It really sucks when a $30-50 1/2" frag dies. I believe its a much better idea to start out with some inexpensive local frags. I grew this colony from a frag that I got for free and getting it to this size was pretty satisfying.

Eisa, I can ship frags and I do have a few soft ones to choose from. Send me a PM for more details if you're interested. However I think you'll have no problem finding what you're after down there.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/whatcaneyedo/IMG_8468.jpg

Dude, that's retarded! I love the size of that guy. I'd love to talk to you about what you are doing, how you're doing it and what frags you have available right now.

coolhandgoose
08-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Who drinks Leffe? LOL
That's a good looking colony.