PDA

View Full Version : blue clove polyp

chef
08-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Help, i have some beautiful clove polyps that are taking over my aquaspace. Is there some easy method to contain these. Dont want to get rid of them all, just thin it out. thanx

Aquattro
08-12-2011, 03:48 AM
If those are anything like my purple ones (probably same thing), then no :) Mine grew over every bit of space to the point I was going to tear the tank down to scrub them off, then they suddenly vanished.

kien
08-12-2011, 04:03 AM
I have the same, except I rather enjoy my fuzzy blue rocks :biggrin: I did have a rock that I wnated to clear some space for an LPS coral so I just took a tooth brush and brushed them off the rock. They are pretty easy to control in my opinion.

Madreefer
08-12-2011, 04:35 AM
If those are anything like my purple ones (probably same thing), then no :) Mine grew over every bit of space to the point I was going to tear the tank down to scrub them off, then they suddenly vanished.

Any tips or ideas or anything at all that you can think of that caused them to go away?

emerald crab
08-12-2011, 04:43 AM
A powerhead blasting at them works.

Aquattro
08-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Any tips or ideas or anything at all that you can think of that caused them to go away?

nope, nothing different, they just disappeared. I had a couple left here and there, but the blue mat everywhere just dried up. I had guessed they overpopulated and used up whatever it is they need to grow. I have a few in my 180 now, but they haven't spread at all.