PDA

View Full Version : where to place my frog spawn

mayheim
08-10-2011, 04:02 AM
Have 180 reef set up.;;;overflow at both ends six Koralia fans 1400, 4 running on a wave maker...2constant flow. running six t5 lights, 2 super blue 0ne coral wave, 3 atinic white 12000 k...all lights are 54 w. Curretly have frog spawn mid level under direct light moderate flow. Had it four days now...looks like it wants to open but doesn't...(retracts)...should I leave it be or should I move it. Tank is approx. 24 inches deep with about 4 inches of sand. Coral currently sits at about 16 inches from light..thoughts anyone

Madreefer
08-10-2011, 04:28 AM
3 frogspawns in my tank. 1 in high flow high light, 1 in low flow high light and the other in low flow low light. They all do well. So with my experiences with it, placement does'nt seem to matter. Give it a few days and see if there is a change before moving it around. Fairly easy coral to care for. Is your parameters in check?

mayheim
08-10-2011, 11:13 AM
All perimeters in check. Its funny that you mentioned placement, because I also have one high and one medium, smaller pieces that are doing well 2-3 heads...the one piece in question... much bigger 8 heads on it...all leave it for a couple more...if no change ill move it low thanks for for the input

burgerchow
08-10-2011, 02:43 PM
frogspawn will adapt. Just don't have it right in front of a powerhead. They like the movement of wavemakers.

mayheim
08-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks have it down low....looks like it wants to open...not in direct flow...ill give a couple of days