PDA

View Full Version : 65g Coralife Superskimmer Issues

Beanz
08-09-2011, 05:26 AM
I was running this skimmer in my 45g and 15g with a small sump and all of the sudden the skimmer went crazy and i couldn't get the darn thing to not overflow even with adjusting the valve all of the way it still overflowed. It also produced a very excessive amount of micro bubbles like the whole skimmer was full of them and it pumped out way too many, not like before it started having these issues. Anyways i am just running my 15g with a sump with like 15g of water in the sump with an oceanic skimmer but would like to fix to coralife one as it was a good skimmer before these issues sprung up. Any ideas on what could be wrong with it, and how to fix it?

MMAX
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't bother fixing it just throw it in the garbage. It won't be long before it overflows all over your floor.

chris121277
08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I ran a SS 220 for a few years and found that I had to clean out the venturi air intake about once a week or so or else mine would do the same thing.

Beanz
08-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, MMAX i think im gonna try and fix it cause for now i dont really have any other choice. Kinda low on funds atm. Chris I'll try cleaning the venturi out and see how it goes.

Beanz
08-11-2011, 10:26 PM
hmmm i think im just gonna put the thing in storage for now i cant seem to get it to work. probably get something when i add my other tank onto the system

Flash
08-11-2011, 11:56 PM
i had one of these... useless things they are! I run my 90gl and ran my 33gl without a skimmer with no major issues! shouldn't be too big of an issue for you!

Beanz
08-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Ya I'm just gonna keep the oceanic on for now cause i am keeping some sps and it is and ok skimmer for this small set up. Probably get a bubble magus when I'm closer to setting my 45 up.