PDA

View Full Version : Reactor for GFO

SpateD
08-09-2011, 03:35 AM
I was planning on getting a Vertex ZF-30 but wondering what would be more suitable, and preferably something with a pump already and definitely an IN-sump model. I don't want anything hanging.

I'm planning to run GFO and possibly Carbon later down the road.. So I'm open to all thoughts.

SpateD
08-13-2011, 02:30 PM
How about.. does anyone run a reactor at all that works well with GFO, sits in the sump though?

Money pit
08-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I use a TLF phosban reactor 150 for my gfo. It doesn't come with a pump, but you can use a cheap pwr head to run it. Its designed to hang on the back, but I see no reason you can't just put it in your sump.

whatcaneyedo
08-13-2011, 04:41 PM
I always had trouble getting my TLF reactors to seal properly causing them to leak. For that reason I left them in the sump. Nearly all fluidized media reactors are designed to work the same and have flat bottoms so that they will sit upright in a sump. I don't know of any that have integrated pumps. Deltec, Precision Marine, Vertex, Two Little Fishies, Bulk Reef Supply, Next Reef... will all do the job for you and all need to be fed from a pump or powerhead that likely is not included.