PDA

View Full Version : Engineer goby missing!

SleepyPirate
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
So I bought a small Engineer goby last night to wake up to it completly gone, I turned off my power heads last night just in case cause it was so small and wake up this morning and its disapeared, I moved the rock looking for it but no sign of it. I had a small blue tang disapear aswell a month ago what on earth is eating it?

My tank has 2 clown fish and a yellow tang for fish.

Could it possibly be my GBTA?

Bloodasp
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Do you have an open top? Check your floor.

SleepyPirate
08-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Nope checked floor and filter, nothing. Im begining to grow discouraged from buying any small fish. I think I have some LR from the bermuda triangle. I have a small bristle worm but I dont think they eat fish or could catch such fast fish anyways. My only idea would be my GBTA I doubt my hermit crabs could catch them eather. :cry:

FishyFishy!
08-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Your live rock probably ate them. When they go to die they usually go right underneath rocks and burry in the sand, or right inside holes of the rock.

I bought a huge lot of dried live rock once, and found a 4" dried up Blue Tang in one of the pieces. I Pm'd the seller and he said that he never even had a blue tang... so who knows how long it had been in there.

mark
08-07-2011, 05:36 AM
new addition, could be hiding really good.

Douglas
08-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I have one in my tank, he hid the first day i got him, and never saw him again until he changed his stripes........a few months later.