PDA

View Full Version : Do any of the stores in Edmonton carry reef bright LED'S

chris88
08-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Do any of the stores in Edmonton carry reef bright LED'S

JaiWiz
08-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Big Als has the marineland reef LED's and i heard they do the trick but just be carefully if you got hard coral

chris88
08-06-2011, 10:39 PM
marineland leds are very very low in par and do nothing for coral photosynthesis. I have a sps tank so i was looking for a bit more par. Thank you for your responce but it is looking like i will have to order them in. I have called around and no one seems to carry them.

fishytime
08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Red Coral will be carrying Reeftech LEDs..... have a boo http://www.reeftechled.com/

Skimmerking
08-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Red Coral will be carrying Reeftech LEDs..... have a boo http://www.reeftechled.com/

Really Doug what would you put over a 8 foot tank for mine. with a light rail may be 3 of them.

fishytime
08-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Ok.....I may have jumped the gun a little bit.......we aren't "officially" carrying them yet.......but we do have a demo unit in our possession to evaluate ......from what Ive seen so far(literally just started playing with it).....it seems like a pretty kick butt unit........driving Cree LEDs to 3.5w (potentially) and fully programmable....
For your tank Mike, they recommend four units.......that being said, the Prometheus has a 30" spread so you may be able to get away with three......add one later if you need to

Skimmerking
08-07-2011, 06:13 AM
3.5 w wholly heck

The Grizz
08-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Oh come now Mike, bite the bullet & jump on the DIY wagon :biggrin:

Skimmerking
08-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Oh come now Mike, bite the bullet & jump on the DIY wagon :biggrin:
dude im in the army, if i had the stuff I would build it i like the LED's alot looking at fooser's tank with his 96" tank with the 6 foot light

hows the skimmer going

albert_dao
08-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Ok.....I may have jumped the gun a little bit.......we aren't "officially" carrying them yet.......but we do have a demo unit in our possession to evaluate ......from what Ive seen so far(literally just started playing with it).....it seems like a pretty kick butt unit........driving Cree LEDs to 3.5w (potentially) and fully programmable....
For your tank Mike, they recommend four units.......that being said, the Prometheus has a 30" spread so you may be able to get away with three......add one later if you need to

Wow... They also blatantly ripped off all of the text I wrote for the Illumina.

Screenshot and timestamped for future justice.

lorenz0
08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Wow... They also blatantly ripped off all of the text I wrote for the Illumina.

Screenshot and timestamped for future justice.

Derp???

I must have missed something but what are you referring too?

albert_dao
08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Derp???

I must have missed something but what are you referring too?

I`ll show you tomorrow :)

viperfish
08-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm running two Vertex Illumilux 48" over my 150 Gal. One is Marino Bianco and the other is Marino Blu. These fixtures are the sleekest I've seen in LED! They have a better shimmer and are evry bit as bright as my Pheonix halides! I suggest you seriously take a look at these before you make a decision. I got mine at Red Coral in Lethbridge. I thought about the DIY approach but I wanted something that didn't look too "Frankenstein" over my tank. Here is a good comparison of True Lumen Pro, Reefbrite, and Illumilux http://198.92.103.102/forums/showthread.php?t=1992015

abcha0s
08-07-2011, 10:55 PM
We have the Vertex Illumilux in stock and can order the Illumina. Shipping is free.

http://www.conceptaquatics.ca/index.php/aquarium-hardware/lighting/fixtures.html?li_bulb_type=105

lorenz0
08-08-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm running two Vertex Illumilux 48" over my 150 Gal. One is Marino Bianco and the other is Marino Blu.[/url]

omg your just the person I need to talk to. I have been considering buying 2 of these for my 60 but am wondering how well growth compared to my t5's

how long have you had them for?

viperfish
08-08-2011, 03:27 AM
I've had them for a couple of months. I am amazed by the colour of the two together. My intention was to use these as supplemental lighting for my Halides so I really can't tell you how they perform as standalone light fixtures. What I can tell you is they have excellent light spread and are very bright. I wish I had a means of measuring PAR so I could determine how they would perform without the halides. Of course I could just turn the Halides off for a week and see how my light demanding corals do, but everything is doing so well in my tank I just don't want to risk it. On a 60 Gal I would bet money they would be more than enough, especially compared to T5.