PDA

View Full Version : LF Set up 30-50ish gallon Calgary

Carmen
08-05-2011, 02:22 AM
So I shut down the 144 G but couldn't get out completely - so I set up a 15 G nano - but it's an awkward set up because the light doesn't fit so... looking for a tank set up 30-50ish gallons in Calgary. Tank and stand needed, drilled would be great! Although I may consider not drilled.
Pm me and let me know if you have something you are looking to get rid of. I have a couple options but thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone had anything sitting in their garage or basement needing a new home!:mrgreen:
(Not intersted in spending huge dollars here.... just want a simple set-up to keep my feet wet!):wink::biggrin:

The Grizz
08-05-2011, 04:03 AM
What do you have left around for equipment Carmen? I have a few tanks around ( go figure eh ) but not sure what sizes of tanks. Might be able to put something together very reasonable.

Carmen
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
HeyGreg,
I have a few things laying around:biggrin:!
So basically I need a tank and stand with cabinet so I can rig up a small sump.
I have a small corner upstairs where I would like to place it that would fit a 24" ish length perfect... so I suppose a cubeish tank or a corner tank...
Basically I am looking for something plumbed and ready to run because I am impatient and don't want to spend alot of cash...:redface::wink: Unless someone buys my 144 Gallon - then I would have a little more cash!!:lol:
Have a couple systems to consider - the frag tank from the store is sitting at the shop and I think I might actually just take that home - but I need to replumb it and was feeling a little lazy :lol:...
Found a cute little bowfront on kijiji too but I am not sure if I could drill it...
:biggrin:
so anyway....:confused:

fishoholic
08-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I have a 50g at home I'm not using that Doug could drill for you it's a tall tank but I don't remember the dementions I'll check when I get a chance if your interested. Found the link

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71277

Carmen
08-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks Laurie, ended up bringing home the frag tank from the shop!

The Grizz
08-06-2011, 01:31 AM
It turns out that all I have left around is a crappy 55 & 90 good for sumps & a 36"W 90 gal with starphire front.