PDA

View Full Version : what to put in my new 12g

stuie25
08-04-2011, 08:10 PM
so ive decided for my first tank that im going to start small even thought ive herd thats harder.

I purchsed a 12g compleate cad lights setup and a koralia nano. Im going to try and work with the stock light for now.

i currently have a 60 tank full of live rock as well as a pair of hermits, a pair of cleaner shrimp, a turbo snail and a pair of clowns. I bought it all for 240 bucks from a friend that was getting out of it. it was too good to pass up but the tank wouldnt fit anywhere but the bedroom and the girlfriend hates the noise so its gota go.

what if anything else can i put in my 12g , or do i have too much allready.

doch
08-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Only thing that will become a problem is the clowns... they're pretty big for a 12. As for bio load, as long as you're skimming and doing regular water changes you should be ok to add a few more little critters. I suggest a yellow clown goby, rainfords goby, maybe a goby/pistol shrimp combo, and or a barnicle blenny. My barnicle blenny is one of, if not my favorite fish... he's wicked!! As long as you keep your purchases small, you'll be alright.

dsaundry
08-04-2011, 08:31 PM
A small gem tang:lol: Of course you would have to expand really quickly..:biggrin:

seriously though, shrimp, small starfish and small gobies are usually ok. Keep it simple in a small tank, Mushrooms,zoa's etc.

stuie25
08-04-2011, 08:32 PM
i will be looking for a skimmer for the 12, i got a marineland skimmer that came with the 60g but no way it will fit on the 12, and its way to big probaly.

will i be ok with the pair of clowns, i would hate to have to sell them theyre funny to watch.

i wanted the 22g cad but they quit makeing the cheep one with t5 they only make the led one now and its more than i wanted to spend atm.

doch
08-04-2011, 09:29 PM
You should be alright with the clowns if they're small. You'll want to upgrade at some point though... maybe in a year or 2?

stuie25
08-04-2011, 10:06 PM
i like the 60 gallon but its a bit much , i wanted the CAD 22 but now i might just save up and go for the CAD 39G pro series in a year or so.

so with the clowns would i be better off to leave them as is and just add a few corals and call it done?