PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Vendors! Looking for plastic tank frames

Myka
08-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a few 20 gallon high tanks that need new plastic frames. The size is 24x12". Who can get these?

Veng68
08-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm not a vendor but I've found these 2 websites:

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43

http://www.cciaquarium.com/index.html

Cheers,
Vic

Myka
08-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your reply! Both of those vendors is US. Glass Cages ships via UPS and CCI doesn't say. Don't want UPS from US to Canada because the brokerage fees will be at least $60 on top of shipping. If I can't find anything Canadian I will see if I can convince one of them to ship via USPS.

Veng68
08-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah I hate the brokerage fees. Lucky I have a friend in Seattle that comes up to Vancouver often.

Cheers,
Vic

Canuckgod420
08-01-2011, 06:58 PM
J and L got me one for my 72 bowfront
took less than a week and it only cost 35 bucks

toytech
08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
First thing i do when i get a new tank is take the frame off. So there you go all the works done for you . You should be able to go rimless safely with a 20 gal .

Myka
08-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah I hate the brokerage fees. Lucky I have a friend in Seattle that comes up to Vancouver often.

Cheers,
Vic

Yeah, lucky you!!

J and L got me one for my 72 bowfront
took less than a week and it only cost 35 bucks

Hey that's pretty good. I wonder where they got it from. I know CCI suppliers a lot of tank manufacturers up here in Canada. The frames through them are $3 each, and postage is about $35 for 10 of them, and $60 for 20 of them. Provided a person wants a bunch of them, that's a lot cheaper!

First thing i do when i get a new tank is take the frame off. So there you go all the works done for you . You should be able to go rimless safely with a 20 gal .

Ya, I thought if that, but in this case I think the tanks will look better with frames.

Veng68
08-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Local Aquatic wholesaler Delta Aquatics manufactures aquariums and I've seen the black frames in the warehouse. If you know someone that has a business...... they can get the frames from them.

Cheers,
Vic

mike31154
08-02-2011, 06:02 PM
IIRC you have some carpentry skills Mindy. Why not make your own out of wood? Just need to coat with some epoxy or marine varnish to waterproof. Will look bomber too, way better than common black plastic or the tacky fake woodgrain plastic. Plenty of ways to go about it, you could use a router on a solid frame to notch the groove for the glass or put those framing skills to work with some creative joinery. Now that I think of it, one could even make them out of aluminum stock available at the local Princess Auto.

Myka
08-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Local Aquatic wholesaler Delta Aquatics manufactures aquariums and I've seen the black frames in the warehouse. If you know someone that has a business...... they can get the frames from them.

Cheers,
Vic

Excellent, I will try.

IIRC you have some carpentry skills Mindy. Why not make your own out of wood?

Hmm, yes. This is a particular project though, and wood wouldn't really fit in. Need something cheap and easy. :p