PDA

View Full Version : berghia

monocus
07-30-2011, 02:19 AM
i am placing an order for berghia on monday from salty underground.the berghia will be shipped on august 17 so they should be here on the 18th.so far i am bringing in 17 of them,so the price right now is a little less than $23 each.if more people want them pm me and i will include you in the order,and the price will drop a bit.you can pay me when you pick them up at my house in burnaby.of all the "cures" for aptasia ,these have worked the best for me,although it takes time to wipe them out.they are also 100% natural and the ONLY thing berghia eat is aptasia

reefermadness
07-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Are you getting the 1/2" ones? I found the 1/4" ones to do perfect and they are 9.49+ shipping and taxes if you buy 20+ and only 10.49 if you buy less.

I bought 20 for my 200g display and in 3 months they where everywhere (reproduced) and wiped out my bad aiptasia problem. I probably could have done with less.

Great service from salty underground and the berghia worked far better and faster than I expected.

Borderjumper
07-30-2011, 09:12 PM
I was just thinking this morning of ordering a wack of em.. Only things I am on the Island:(

monocus
07-30-2011, 10:44 PM
i'm getting the 1/2 " ones as for experience the smaller juviniles do not ship well and are not as hearty.when i was bringing them to j&l i wouldn"t bring them unless they were 5/8".i'm setting up a large breeding system(again) so i will have them throughout the year(i was getting about 45 a month on my old system) ,so if your ever down in the lower mainland at a future date i should have some here and will be sticking with the j&l price of $14.95 each( before i started supplying to j&l the price of the berghia in canada was $40 each.when my neon gobies take off again ,will be selling them for $10 each,etc)

Reefie
08-08-2011, 08:24 PM
PM'd

monocus
08-09-2011, 12:18 AM
comming in tomorrow at noon(customs depending)had to go with the 1/4-1/2 size as the larger are not available till mid september.i've brought in 26 with 16 spoken for already.they are $14 each right now.in about 3 months i will be supplying j&l with the offspring as i have in the past-they sell them for $14.95+hst.so if you want to give the taxman the finger,i have 10 that will be ready to go tomorrow,or more in three months(you can still stick it to the tax man in three months getting them from me-untill they start paying me to do their work)

monocus
08-10-2011, 12:02 AM
berghia have arrived and are aclimatizing.off all day tomorrow if anyone wants some