PDA

View Full Version : Where do I go?

Seriak
01-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Where do I go to pick up a livestock order at the airport? How much time should I give them?

Quinn
01-26-2004, 07:37 PM
You would go to the cargo terminal of the proper carrier, I believe they are all slightly southeast of the passenger terminal, out by the hangers. There are plenty of signs to direct you to the proper location. You'll probably want to give them about an hour from time of arrival.

Delphinus
01-26-2004, 08:28 PM
... What he said.

You might want to touch base with the carrier first though. Nothing's worse than getting yourself up to the airport only to discover the shipment was bumped. You'll have a waybill #; give them that and they'll give you a rough ETA when you can come get it. Give them AT LEAST an hour to unload the plane, temperatures like today is only going to make it take longer than normal.

Speaking of which, temperatures like today, wow, you're braver than I am attempting a livestock order. Good luck.

Seriak
01-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Do you think it there will be a problem with the temperature. I have had the order going for over a month now and they finally got everything in so they shipped it out according to my directions.

Delphinus
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Hopefully they packed it well, and hopefully they don't leave the box on the tarmac for too long.

Theoretically, it can work out alright. I didn't mean to scare you, sorry. I've had both good and bad experiences in extreme weather conditions.

But heck, I've had bad experiences in GOOD weather. Don't ever let someone ship something to you by Westjet on the weekend (ie. on a Sunday). The Calgary office closes at 5 on Sunday. So if you're flight arrives at 5:30 (and sometimes flights are delayed, so even if it was DUE to arrive before 5, but doesn't), you cannot claim your box until next morning. Unless you catch the guys before they close the office, and pay them a $150 "out of office hours" fee.

Air Canada though, tends to be open until 11pm everyday. So it depends on the carrier as well as the day of the week.

Seriak
01-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, I guess we will find out. By the way, how does the guarantee work if they items die due to weather on the way there. Anyone know!

Delphinus
01-26-2004, 09:09 PM
If it's from J&L I wouldn't really worry about the quality of the packing. They know what they're doing.

Seriak
01-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Well Tony,

First you get me all worried. Then you make me feel better. What's next!

Delphinus
01-26-2004, 10:20 PM
I don't know who they're using as their carrier though. Is it still AC or have they switched to WestJet? I'd still call the carrier (or check the website) because there's always that chance a flight is delayed. There's nothing more annoying than finding out a flight has been delayed 1.5 hours ... not really long enough to go home and back (when you're from the DeepSouth(tm) like us) but long enough to be awkward to have to stay up there and wait around in the meantime.

Quinn
01-27-2004, 02:45 AM
The Edmonton order came in on "bankrupt but let's keep throwing tax money at 'em" Air...

Seriak
01-27-2004, 03:16 AM
Order came in perfectly. No casualties. Woo Hoo!

Delphinus
01-27-2004, 05:16 AM
Good to hear. :cool:

Canadian Man
01-27-2004, 06:05 AM
The Edmonton order came in on "bankrupt but let's keep throwing tax money at 'em" Air... :lol: :rofl: