PDA

View Full Version : To get a cucumber?

molybdenumman
01-26-2004, 06:50 PM
I have a 50g tank with pretty dosile fish including a flame angel, yellow tang, 2 clowns and a bicolor basslet. I have about 1 inch of argonite as my substrate. The tank has been set up for 2 years.

Are these conditions condusive to a cucumber? I have a black and a brown one available to me. Should I hold off for a tigertail or will the brown/black one be just as visually appealing?

Thanks for your help.

MoMan

LostMind
01-26-2004, 11:51 PM
You wont see them much anyways, they tend to hide under the rockwork :)

Dale D
01-26-2004, 11:56 PM
I have 3 cucumbers in my 130 gallon reef tank. I have a black one, a pink one, and a tigertail. They all seem to do a good job. The black and pink ones spend more time out in view, where as the tigertail always stays hidden under the rockwork.

A 2 year old sandbed in a 50 gallon should be able to keep one going. :biggrin: You can always add more sand alittle at a time to build it up a little thicker.

Most of the tanks I have set up for myself and other people usually only have about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 " of sand in them. They range from 20 to 175 gallons and they all support cucumbers no problem. I put 3 tigertails in the 175 originally and it has at least 6 in it now. :biggrin:

PS. You are going to hell for having a yellow tang in a 50 gallon tank. :evilbat: :wink: :mrgreen:

molybdenumman
01-27-2004, 12:03 AM
whats wrong with a yellow tang in a 50g tank. He seems happy, healthy and a little frisky

Dale D
01-27-2004, 12:08 AM
whats wrong with a yellow tang in a 50g tank. He seems happy, healthy and a little frisky

Nothing. But, I am sure someone will be along any second now to tell you that you are evil. :wink: I think I hear the police sirens now. :mrgreen:

PS. I read your profile and I too enjoy Big Un's. :mrgreen: