PDA

View Full Version : what to feed blue/pink spotted goby? b4 he eats the rest my fish!

Reef Puffer
07-26-2011, 08:26 PM
so i love this little fish but its like i cant seem to keep him full. he eats everything i put in the tank every time i put something in it (including my hand). he just tried to eat my marine molly (grabbed her by the head!) and has already cleared the tank of molly babies. i feed him mysis and brine but i wonder what else i can feed him? can i go to the grocery store and grab like raw scallops or some thing? i find that the small shrimps just spread everwhere in the tank and he has to work to collect them all. was looking for something possably a little larger that he can chew on for a while and will maybe hold him over for a bit.

bvlester
07-26-2011, 08:49 PM
you can try Krill they are larger my blue/pink spotted goby hardy eats anything but he sifts the sand very well. my tank is a couple years old and has a tun of pods and such.

Reef Puffer
07-26-2011, 09:05 PM
my setup isnt that old (maybe 4 months), so my pod population really isnt there. he sifts the sand alot but it obviously doesnt cut it. im in salmon arm and there isnt really alot of selection when it comes to marine foods. was hoping for something i could get from the grocery store if possible? have twin newborns in kamloops nicu so ive been over there a bunch lately i didnt see krill in total pet? maybe ask someone next time im in there. is there somewhere i could by live pods for my fuge or maybe a jar or so of good live sand?

Wingin It
07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
i find that the small shrimps just spread everwhere in the tank and he has to work to collect them all.

Is this really a bad thing? Keeps him occupied doesn't it? ;)

You could try blending your own seafood mixture and freezing it too...that might keep him occupied as well. Squid, shrimp, silversides, etc.

Reef Puffer
07-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Is this really a bad thing? Keeps him occupied doesn't it? ;)

You could try blending your own seafood mixture and freezing it too...that might keep him occupied as well. Squid, shrimp, silversides, etc.

it does keep him occupied yes, i guess this is a good thing. it just doesnt seem to be enuf? im a newbie to salt and maybe thats just the way he is? just seems very aggressive to me tho, and he seems to calm down after a good feeding (for 10 min. or so then acts like hes starving again). just looking for a good nutritious diet for him (obviously dont want him starving slowly). like i said tho maybe thats just how he is? thanks.