PDA

View Full Version : Reef 911 Yikes

Magma
07-26-2011, 01:18 AM
So today (of course a Monday..) come home to find enmax has locked out my power on the building...great...even though I paid them....

Called them they say the bank screwed up but they wont do anything till tommorrow at earliest *ARG!*

So how can I keep my tanks in the best possible condition until they figure this out?

I have wrapped my tanks in blankets and closed all the windows in the fish room to try and keep the heat in but having been without flow, light and heaters since before noon it looks like and the temps are rather low

Flash
07-26-2011, 01:21 AM
u need to find a way to get oxygen into the water

blacknife
07-26-2011, 01:23 AM
go rent or borrow a generator for a day?
just call around the rental shops and home depot rentals and such till you find one thats open?

run a heater and powerhead off an inverter plugged in your vehicle?

reefwars
07-26-2011, 01:28 AM
extension cord from the neighbor

Magma
07-26-2011, 01:34 AM
trying to get some cords to run from the neighbour, hope fully we can something going, worst part is im an electrician and so tempted to go out and cut off the lock and reconnect myself...

eli@fijireefrock.com
07-26-2011, 01:35 AM
like reefwarez said I would ask my neighbor simply and only to run what you require to keep things running till tomorrow.
I am sure they will understand and help unless some past bad experience with them.

reefwars
07-26-2011, 01:45 AM
trying to get some cords to run from the neighbour, hope fully we can something going, worst part is im an electrician and so tempted to go out and cut off the lock and reconnect myself...

dude i actually did that like ten yrs ago not a good idea apparently its a huge fine lol i just unscrewed the reader on the meter and took out the plastic divider and plugged it back in, lasted about a couple weeks untill the meter guy was doing his rounds again :):) ah to be a young rebel again lol

Magma
07-26-2011, 02:20 AM
might be a huge fine for the cords but I think the huge fine would be less than the cost of all the livestock between the 2 tanks lol

I went out to remove the ring but they changed the key on them again and I dont have the proper style for this ring but there is one in my shop van which I might go visit later tonight lol

reefwars
07-26-2011, 09:46 AM
might be a huge fine for the cords but I think the huge fine would be less than the cost of all the livestock between the 2 tanks lol

I went out to remove the ring but they changed the key on them again and I dont have the proper style for this ring but there is one in my shop van which I might go visit later tonight lol

i think you misunderstood there wouldnt be any fine from running cords to the neighbor nothing wrong with that the fine would come from taking off the plastic thing they put on to cut your service, if you dont own the place then the fine goes to your landlord:):)