PDA

View Full Version : how to move my 75 to new house?

newtofish2
07-25-2011, 03:03 PM
I have a 75 gallon with 5 fish lots of coral and live rock adn some sand. We bought a house and sold our house but possessions dont line up and we will be homeless (camping in our trailer) for 2 weeks. I am debating what to do with the tank. My husband is a pastor and I can move the tank to the church. I also have a 20 gallon that is not in use (and for sale if anyone wants it). I drive an SUV and it will take two to three trips to get the tank/water and inhabitants to the church. Is there anything to worry about having a tank in a public place? How should I move the tank? LIvestock? etc? Thanks for the advice!

Aquattro
07-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Certainly not an ideal arrangement! When I moved my 75, I simply drained all the water into jugs (rented from a water store), picked up the tank with everything in it, put it in the new house, and added the water back. This worked out amazingly well. The distance had the tank waterless for about 30 minutes or so, except for an inch on the bottom for the fish to splash around in. you could try this twice to get to the new place...

newtofish2
07-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I will give it a try thanks!