PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Wrasse with a 6Line?

mark
07-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Wondering if the 2 would get along together?

Had the 6Line for years so it's well established.

fishytime
07-24-2011, 11:45 PM
would probably depend on how big the leopard wrasse is and whether or not your sixline is a turd or not.......leopards are not aggressive at all (for the most part).....I added a melenarus and a leopard to a well established and larger mystery wrasse and didnt have any issues.....my mystery wrasse is fairly laid back tho so???????.......

fishoholic
07-25-2011, 04:03 AM
My six line killed my cleaner wrasse so I wouldn't trust it. Especially since the six line is already established.

GMGQ
07-25-2011, 05:54 AM
I have a six line that attacked a mystery wrasse I put in, luckily I was able to get the mystery out.

I've been meaning to get a leopard wrasse too, but knowing how aggressive my six line is, I've been holding off.

I googled this combo too, and the general consensus is that the six line will be too aggressive for a leopard.

monocus
07-25-2011, 06:11 AM
i have a six line and a blue leapord wrasse(added after)no problems in the tank.i also have a red cloris,christmas,harliquin tusk.everyone gets allong

mark
07-25-2011, 10:49 PM
read before about 6Lines being the a$$holes of the tank but mine is about the most mellow fish in the display. It's just slowly cruises through the LR and bends it's body to drift in the flow.

Torn here now with the cautions against the Leopard really caught the wife's eye in the LFS.

DCDN
07-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Mine constantly attacked my Leopard Wrasse. It was constantly hiding as whenever the 6 Line saw it it went after it.

Spiny
07-26-2011, 11:55 AM
I added a leopard to a tank with an established 6line and everything was fine. The leopard was considerably bigger than the 6line. It did try to attack the leopard, but given the size, it decided better. I would say adult size leopard would stand a bigger chance than a smaller counterpart

fishytime
07-26-2011, 12:51 PM
whats your sixlines track record like Mark?.....is he a bugger to new additions?

fishoholic
07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
FYI my 6-line has only been aggressive towards the cleaner wrasse I had. For whatever reason he hasn't picked on anyone else. On one hand if the lepoard is bigger (and since he has a bit of a different body shape) you might be ok, but on the other hand if your 6-line views him as a weaker opponent he might kill the leopard.

sunoka
07-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I had a six line that was a real trouble maker so he had to go and now the tank is relaxed.