PDA

View Full Version : Clown pulling off anemone tenticles

CandyCane
07-23-2011, 11:19 PM
I've got a maroon clown fish thats only at most an inch long however I'm trying to introduce a rose bubble tip anemone to my tank. Right when the anemone was first in my hand in the tank the clown dove into my hand to be with it. However when I found a spot for it other anemone's have loved in the past, the anemone anchored and then the clown started rubbing on it really hard and it was like he wanted the anemone to do something. When the anemone didnt respond he started pulling legs off! WHATS GOING ON?! For now I have a net covering the BTA so the little clown cant destroy him

Cugio
07-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Wow it tried to host in your hand? That is awesome.

CandyCane
07-24-2011, 04:26 PM
haha ya my clown is a little over the top. Well today it looks like he pulled a total of 10 tenticles but thats it, he's calmed down and the anemone and him both look happy. Now he just attacks me :P

Cugio
07-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Maybe you need to wave your fingers around like crazy when your hand is in the tank. Hopefully, the clown will show you some more loving. Glad to hear the anemone is doing okay also. :wink:

reefwars
07-25-2011, 01:34 AM
haha ya my clown is a little over the top. Well today it looks like he pulled a total of 10 tenticles but thats it, he's calmed down and the anemone and him both look happy. Now he just attacks me :P

just about all clowns are aggressive being part of the damsel family, unlike the movie for a clownfish they arent very funny lol they are actually little monsters and once full grown have no trouble starting a fight with anything.my very large female cinnamon clown started a fight with my snowflake eel and it ended up as dinner not to mention i got bit numerous times.i knew a lady who had a 13yr old maroon pair and i had to fight it off with a stick just so she could cut some frags lol ....they are almost all aggressive lol

CandyCane
07-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Ya maroon clowns seem like the most agressive by far. I was going to try and introduce another one for a pair but I dont think he'd tollerate another clown being introduced. I'm almost worried to bring any new fish into the tank considering I can be doing something on the other side of the tank and he'll still come after me.

reefwars
07-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Ya maroon clowns seem like the most agressive by far. I was going to try and introduce another one for a pair but I dont think he'd tollerate another clown being introduced. I'm almost worried to bring any new fish into the tank considering I can be doing something on the other side of the tank and he'll still come after me.

i got jabbed by a foxface because of a clown once, introducing another clown is always a beating but if the other can take it they will be a pair of mean machines together.....maroons are by far one of the most aggressive if not the most aggressive :)

CandyCane
07-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh yike! What happened that a clown got a foxface to get you?

reefwars
07-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh yike! What happened that a clown got a foxface to get you?

yeah it was a long time ago i had just moved a tank when i first moved to ontario and when i was setting the tank back up it was a mess rock everywhere and the fish were hiding i was moving a piece of rock when my clown(skunk believe it or not lol) bit me under my underarm it gave me a fright and i jerked my hand back out of instinct and got jabbed by my foxface when he shot out of the way....clowns are evil lol

CandyCane
07-26-2011, 01:40 AM
haha oh wow ya mine makes me jump all the time, and ouch that must've hurt! So today it looks like more tenticles are missing, it really looks like my clown is eating them, he's super fat and isnt hungry at feeding time and only half the anemone's tenticles are bubble like