PDA

View Full Version : Tank Raised Fish

UnderWorldAquatics
06-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Just so you guys know... C-Quest is still up and running. I know John Walsh and Dave, they run the whole deal. they are recovering from a cyclone but they are moving along very well.

And about the Tank raised fish.... I know alot about this as I am setting up a facility hopefully soon, Im just working on funding right now.

The fish are worth more than their weight in gold because of they take alot of strain off of wild caught breeding stock, they are more disease resistant, adapted to aquarium foods, get less stressed, better shippers.

They do cost more, but they are worth it and running a facility is ridiculious!!!
Startup alone is a couple hundred thousand dollars and thats if i go really slow and cheap.
Im working on funding for about 1.5 million
If it goes through I will be a fairly large supplier for north america

Hopefully the hobbiest will support tank raised and tank breed fish as our hobby will soon be outlawed otherwise. I love fish but if it was up to me I would shut down the hobby right now and only allow tank raised, tank breed, and controlled wild caught stock. Corals are a joke too, the reefs get raped in some places, things really need to change.

All stores should have to have dedicated employees that take care of the marine livestock and if they cant pass a regulated knowledge test then they should not be allowed to carry marine livestock!!!

Sorry just venting...
Kyle