PDA

View Full Version : any CAD lights tanks in canada

stuie25
07-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a CAD lights tank? , ive been looking at getting a 22g setup as my first tank, i like them better than the biocubes but i cant find any dealers in canada so i would have to order it from the company itself.

mseepman
07-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Grant has one one here. He goes by the handle "Oscar" and I'm sure that he can answer your questions about how his order went. If you search on here I think he has a thread on the original order.

bkelly
07-24-2011, 06:15 AM
i got a CAD22 running for about 1 year now. its nice and solid got the T5 lighting with it and run a HOB skimmer. I found the people at CAD nice but not that reliable to deal with, just my experience. They shipped it from California to my home in Kelowna , came well packed. Ive had bad luck with the tank as far as up and running but probably not related, mostly a bad fish set off an ich problem and now fighting brown bubble algae, ive upped the flow and battling hard , its a nice looking tank. (rimless and bowed front). more deep in height than from front to back so have to find the right rock, the back that creates the sump area flexes inward a bit, i set it up for chaeto and it grows well. got a clown pair and a couple small gobies/blenny in there, running it as an LPS tank. let me know if you have any questions.
Brent

stuie25
07-24-2011, 12:25 PM
thanks, right now im looking at a 22 gallon on fishtanks direct, it has the t5ho lighting setup , and its 348. CAD dosent carry that model anymore , they just have the straight led model for 449. I also intthing built looked at the Ecoxotic 25 Gallon for 569$, its the same idea with everything built into the back and it come with an ato system of some sort. its all confusing to me. :(

This wil be my first ever salt tano system , so i dont need the best. I would think that the older model cad with t5's would be ok wouldn't it?

stuie25
07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
i bought a 12g cad on ebay today for 130 bucks, shipping to the postoffice in Maine and driving over to get it.

cant wait to get it :)