cathyg_99
07-22-2011, 10:31 PM
any idea what bulbs would produce this color with a 4 bulb T5,

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=237828

phi delt reefer
07-22-2011, 10:44 PM
you wont get that color for a couple reasons;

that tank is lit by leds
picture is possibly editted (saturation looks like its been increased)

want pop from your t5? 2 blue plus + 1 purple plus + 1 actinic (replace with blue plus if color looks too washed out for your liking)

you can add an exocotic stunner strip of royal blue leds to get the same pop as that tank if you want that exact coloration.

cathyg_99
07-22-2011, 11:26 PM
you wont get that color for a couple reasons;

that tank is lit by leds
picture is possibly editted (saturation looks like its been increased)

want pop from your t5? 2 blue plus + 1 purple plus + 1 actinic (replace with blue plus if color looks too washed out for your liking)

you can add an exocotic stunner strip of royal blue leds to get the same pop as that tank if you want that exact coloration.

No 10000k?

Milad
07-22-2011, 11:29 PM
The color you see is done by just the XP-E Royal Blue LEDs. They run around 455nm

MKLKT
07-23-2011, 04:13 AM
No 10000k?

Probably not, you get that phosphorescent look from running pretty much what was said before superblue/actinics and throwing in a fiji purple would still be in the higher K range but give a bit of growth.

kies1
07-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I have tried so many bulb combos in my 4 bulb t5 and the one I like best is. 2 kz super blues(much nicer thant ATI blue plus, kz Fiji Purple(again much nicer than ATI purple plus) and a Geiseman pure Actinic. The KZ bulbs are much brighter than ATI and have more par. Better colour as well. Aquablue specials or anything in that coulour range wash out colours. This combo gives you a nice deep bright blue. Run one super blue with the Actinic for night time and then the fiji purple and the other super blue for daytime. Since replacing the 2 ATI blue plus with the KZ super blues the response from my corals have been great.