PDA

View Full Version : Osaka 320 reef tank

megs_clark
07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I love reading peoples tank journals and seeing everyones pictures. I figured Id start one now that im setting up another tank.

Iv had a Osaka 320 sitting in our garage empty for the past year. My husband wanted the sapce back so Its past time to get it set up.
I had two holes drilled on the back upper left corner for a herbie overflow. Built a glass overflow box. Ran the return over the back.

Im using a 20g sump. Iv had a new in box vertex in-sump-100 skimmer thats been in the closet for a year and a half, so thats now in the sump.

We used the stock stand. So to fit the sump and plumbing in we had to remove the drawer and one of the center dividers. Because we were removing the center divider we had to add some support their, so we added a welded piece that fits around each side of the sump and supports some of the wieght in the middle of the tank. I would have liked to add more support to the ends of the stand but Dave figured it was fine so Ill keep my fingers crossed.

I have a bunch of Korlias so will figure out which im going to use when all my rocks in.

I have half my live rock in the tank. Iv never used epoxy, but am hoping to pick some up and get the rest of my live rock in. My last tank none of my rock was very stable and I was alway bumping things around when Id clean my tank so im hoping to have this tank a little more permenant and stable.

My light is from my old tank, its got 2 250 mh, 4 blue t5s and the blue leds. Im going to need to replace the bulbs soon and will probably mix the purple and blue t5s together.

My water and salt is in. Im hoping to pick up a tunze ATO this weekend, And wait out the cycle....I hate waiting, lol. So While waiting im hoping to get all the rattles and noise reduced, and get a few pictures.

Skimmerking
07-22-2011, 11:03 PM
looking forward to seeing it 320 OMG:biggrin:

reefermadness
07-23-2011, 12:32 AM
20g sump and vertex in-100 on a 320gallon tank?

freezetyle
07-23-2011, 12:42 AM
320 litres, not gallons.

I love the look of the Osaka tanks so it should still be impressive

megs_clark
07-23-2011, 03:01 AM
Lol, No no not 320 gallons. The tank works out to just under 90 gallons I think. 320 would have been much more impressive though :smile:. I really like the look of these tanks though, Iv always been one for the bowfronts, (till mine busted a nasty leak) But the flush glass and rounded seamless front corners of the Osaka got me. That and a wicked price on Craigslist... Have I mentioned I love craigslist. Ill try to get some pics up tomorow.