PDA

View Full Version : Clean up crew question

sully08
07-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Just started up my first salt tank (220g) Some of the fish that I want to get might go after clean up crew members. How important is it to have a crew. Is there anything you can get that will not get eaten by fish such as a Halequin tusk wrasse?

reefwars
07-19-2011, 10:01 AM
in a fowlr you can get away with out a clean up crew especially if you go bare bottom.besides most of the predators you throw in a 220g are prob going to make a meal out of most of em. go big skimmer the biggest and best your budget will allow, get some grazing fish will also help.if you can run a sump i would recommend doing so and run a fuge for nutrient export it will cut down on any algae you will get.

if its a reef your shooting for then your gonna want to have a CUC its not necessary but will go along way as a tank that big is hard to clean and hard to get around rock and corals .

remember to buy reefsafe fish and for every fish you buy google it and read up on it so you dont buy something you regret which we all have one time or another.

reefwars
07-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Just started up my first salt tank (220g) Some of the fish that I want to get might go after clean up crew members. How important is it to have a crew. Is there anything you can get that will not get eaten by fish such as a Halequin tusk wrasse?

congrats on becoming a salty.....ummm now your broke..seriously.... check your pockets i bet theres nothing there lol:):)