PDA

View Full Version : Elegance Coral

dynamite
07-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Last Friday my friend gave me he's Elegance Coral that wasn't doing well in his tank, He's now doing great in my tank :mrgreen: The question is.. Will 4 T5's be enough??? I also have 250W MH but I stopped turning them on cuz they get wayy to hot.

reefwars
07-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Last Friday my friend gave me he's Elegance Coral that wasn't doing well in his tank, He's now doing great in my tank :mrgreen: The question is.. Will 4 T5's be enough??? I also have 250W MH but I stopped turning them on cuz they get wayy to hot.

if its doing great then you prob already have your answer, ive never kept one with t5's but if they can grow most sps then your probably safe.it woulkd also have to do with how close your sandbed (which is where the elegance should be kept)is to your lights.

i keep mine under a 250w halide and it just soaks up the rays and loves it id say it doubles in size by the time mid day hits.

pics would be nice i love elegance they are gorgeous;)

whatcaneyedo
07-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Maybe. I've kept one for over a year and a half under 250W MH. However lighting is only a small piece of the puzzle. Optimal and stable water chemistry, moderate flow, system maturity, and the source of the coral are all just as important if not more so.

dynamite
07-19-2011, 03:06 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies.

So I guess I shoudn't have a problem with the elegance coral on my sandbed under only 4 t5's :mrgreen:

reefwars
07-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies.

So I guess I shoudn't have a problem with the elegance coral on my sandbed under only 4 t5's :mrgreen:

honestly it wouldnt be me lol elegance are tricky like whatcaneyedo said it depends on many factors.personally if the lights arent great id be really good on water chemistry.if its doing good then its doing good but when they die they die and melt away fast.

good luck though:)

dynamite
07-19-2011, 03:50 AM
honestly it wouldnt be me lol elegance are tricky like whatcaneyedo said it depends on many factors.personally if the lights arent great id be really good on water chemistry.if its doing good then its doing good but when they die they die and melt away fast.

good luck though:)

:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise: So far he's doing fine he's opening more and more and well I'll hope for the best... I'm trying to get rid of this fixture to get a 6bulbs Sunpower :mrgreen:

George
07-19-2011, 05:19 PM
What does the base of your elegance look like? Is it a cone or a wall?
Elegance going down hill very slowly. One week might not be enough to prove any thing. At the mean time, you should try to feed it.

dynamite
07-20-2011, 01:41 AM
What does the base of your elegance look like? Is it a cone or a wall?
Elegance going down hill very slowly. One week might not be enough to prove any thing. At the mean time, you should try to feed it.

:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise: :surprise: I'm trying to save the Elegance coral :neutral: My friend added to much RowaPhos in so little time that all his corals went down hill and he gave me this coral to save it.

This is what it looks like:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g74/mauro_90/IMG_1971.jpg

BTW.. How do I feed the coral?

Thanks!

whatcaneyedo
07-20-2011, 02:46 AM
The same way you feed anything really. Wave some food around in front of its face and see if it takes it. The tentacles on mine usually grab onto small pieces of krill if I do this. Mine also does a good job at passing Ocean Nutrition Formula One pellets into its mouths if they are dropped onto the surface.