PDA

View Full Version : finally a sump

martym
01-25-2004, 12:09 AM
I finally convinced my wife to allow me to add a sump tp my 75g tank :smile: . I got a 15g tank from big al's plumbed it all in today. Just mixing some new water to add. One word of advice to others, if you get a reef ready tank, set up ypur sump right away. When i got my tank ( a month ago) I added some PVC to the bulk heads and put valves on the pvc so the over flow wouldn't leak. Great idea, I would only have to wait for the wife to allow me to add a sump. Well I cracked open the valves and the smell knocked me out. When I came to, the wife knock me out for smelling up the house. It's amazing how quick water turns bad and smells like sewer :redface: . Anyway got it all flushed out and it seems OK now. I just hope the mag7 I got from Doug is enough for the return.

UnderWorldAquatics
01-25-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah that sulfur smell is enough to make your mouth water eh...
I have had a couple of bad experiences with an overwhelming amount of sulfur content, I just threw out the subtrate after debating weather or not to rinse the puke out.... :redface:
sometimes our bodys have instant responses that we have no control over... although at those concentrations, Im glad I didnt inhale too much...