PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful!!!

impreza
01-24-2004, 06:50 PM
I was just on RC and i stumbled on this site. Check it out, it is a 45g half barrel tank. Looks GREAT imo....i like the plasma TV in the background too!
http://homepage.mac.com/johnlaurenson/ReefTank/PhotoAlbum33.html

Skimmerking
01-24-2004, 06:59 PM
now that is taking your time to setup up a system ,and know where to put everything i hope he doesnt have to take anything apart in there .

Hate to have a algae out break.. :lol:

Mike

Gujustud
01-24-2004, 07:55 PM
OMG, that is such a wicked setup.

MitchM
01-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Very impressive! :smile:
I wonder how long the planning stage was?
I also wonder if he/she did it themself, or hired the job out?

Mitch

Quinn
01-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Wouldn't you get a rather distorted view? I don't like bowfronts for that reason.

LostMind
01-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Wouldn't you get a rather distorted view? I don't like bowfronts for that reason.

Agreed.

slick looking setup,but somehow reminds me of those corporate setups with plastic corals and fish attached to glass bubbles so they float. Boring.

One_Divided
01-25-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm not a big fan of the rounded tanks.. Hard on the eyes imo.

Bob I
01-25-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm not a big fan of the rounded tanks.. Hard on the eyes imo.

I'm not either. However, I am much more concerned about the Yellow Tang. Why does everyone who sets up a reef always include the obligatory Yellow Tang, and never consider the swimming room the poor thing needs. :question: :frown:

Chad
01-25-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm not either. However, I am much more concerned about the Yellow Tang. Why does everyone who sets up a reef always include the obligatory Yellow Tang, and never consider the swimming room the poor thing needs. :question: :frown:

Just out of my own curiosity, what is the minimum sized tank that this particular tang should be in?

TIA

marie
01-25-2004, 04:12 AM
I think the minimum length of tank is 4ft but after seeing the one I had swim I think 6ft would be better.

StirCrazy
01-25-2004, 05:13 AM
I think the minimum length of tank is 4ft but after seeing the one I had swim I think 6ft would be better.

there is no minumim lenght, there are opinions on what people think the minimum lenght should be but if you want to get technical 2 miles is the minimum lenght. this is what they commenly forage in the wild, but thats also when they have to look for food, when you feed them they can have a much smaller area.

I feel size is a factor, and the narrower your tank the longer it should be, but I know in my tank mine doesent look agatated (what does that look like anyways) it is fat and it swims gently and no chalontly (*SP) unless the kids scare him/her :eek: now I also have a lot of flow and it is in random currents and the fish get a heck of a lot of exercize moving around the tank (the first two days were halarious watching them learn the currents). My tank is 3 foot long but it is also 2 foot wide so there is a fair amount of open swimming area also. one thing I do recomend is to throw out the old 40 gal min for a yellow tank and replace it with 75 and up.

Steve

marie
01-25-2004, 07:01 PM
my yellow tang was a complete space cadet, it made the one on Finding Nemo look brainey. It zipped around my 55g tank for a year and a half. One day it just quit eating and 4 days later it was dead. It still had a round fat belly though and no sign of parasites.