PDA

View Full Version : Bleached Open Brain

FlameAngel
09-30-2001, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a bleached green open brain... what should
It shows some skelton recession as well.

images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

I do? move it to partly shade?
Should I feed it? how? Selcon? Formula One?

canadawest
09-30-2001, 05:27 PM
You should make sure that it has adequate lighting, but not direcly under a halide if you have them. I keep mine down on the sand.

Definitely feed it! I feed mine shrimp or scallops from Safeway about once a week.

Some people have had sucess with iodine dips for brains that have exposed skeletons.

What caused it to bleach and receed? Sting from another coral? Do you have any suspect fish that might be picking at it?

And of course, make sure that your water parameters are all good (0 ammonia & nitrites, and stable pH, Ca and Alk)

FlameAngel
09-30-2001, 06:30 PM
I bought it from Big Al's because I knew it would die there, the way it looked...

Yea.. It's down on the sand.
I tried feeding it, but it's still unreceptive to selcon.

FlameAngel

[ 30 September 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

DJ88
09-30-2001, 07:32 PM
Impulse buys because you think something isn't doing well at a store can come back n bite ya.. Been there.. Done that.. If it isn't looking well at the LFS it is usually past saving. That seems to apply for everything living.

As well you may want to rephrase your nickname for the LFS. I edited it this time. We may be small as a board but lets keep it fairly clean. We all have our own views about certain stores but with a bit of thought you can find better ways to describe a place. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Without risking really offending someone..

[ 30 September 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

FlameAngel
09-30-2001, 08:15 PM
Sorry for any offense, it is not at anyone personal.

Sorry Darren images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks for the editing

FlameAngel

DJ88
09-30-2001, 08:26 PM
Hey ,

No prob.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

What's amazing is that after 11 years in the navy I am PC at all.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif