PDA

View Full Version : LF: Tridacna Derasa Clams

Reefie
07-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know of any where that has Derasa Clams available in Metro Vancouver???

Reefie
07-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Anyone?

Mandosh
07-17-2011, 06:02 PM
JL is probably your best bet. I know they had some Croceas last time I was in there.

whatcaneyedo
07-17-2011, 08:03 PM
In the past J&L has told me that their availability is seasonal so they are not able to get them year round. I've been wanting to get one too ever since April but no one seems to have any.

apexifd
07-17-2011, 08:08 PM
yes, I believe the last derasa shipment is over an year now. Clams are something that's available all the time. and crocea seems to be only one that's available to us these days.

OA had some squamosa in last time.

Reefie
07-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks for all the responses! I found me some Derasa's at Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton, WA. Not the cheapest, however they HAD them. $40/each, I snagged 2 of them, they still have 2 left. Not a bad store to visit either, definitely worth stopping by if you're in the area. Saltwater City in Bellevue isn't worth checking out, don't waste your time there. Bad customer service, and kinda small without too much to look at.

apexifd
07-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for all the responses! I found me some Derasa's at Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton, WA. Not the cheapest, however they HAD them. $40/each, I snagged 2 of them, they still have 2 left. Not a bad store to visit either, definitely worth stopping by if you're in the area. Saltwater City in Bellevue isn't worth checking out, don't waste your time there. Bad customer service, and kinda small without too much to look at.

Barrier Reef Aquarium(BRA) is a pretty good store to check out. Price is OK, condsidering some of our store sell them at better price.

Although I do believe clams require CITES paperwork in order to bring cross the custom.