PDA

View Full Version : help anenome down

jimbog
07-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Help i juat put a spiny sea urchin in a tank that i had , ( a friend gave it to me ) and i was just in my tank. and noticed that it was by my condie >>> and it doesnt look good . is there a chance that it could have stung it????

Gripenfelter
07-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Your anemone got "stung"?

Maybe poked and yes it can kill it.

lancedown
12-07-2011, 03:02 AM
I have a non venomous sea urchin not the long spiny one more just little tentacles would it be compatible with a anenome? i dont want to get one if my urchin will eat it I dont think it would it only seems to be concerned with algae anyone have any advice???

Nano
12-07-2011, 03:03 AM
yikes!

reefwars
12-07-2011, 03:06 AM
I have a non venomous sea urchin not the long spiny one more just little tentacles would it be compatible with a anenome? i dont want to get one if my urchin will eat it I dont think it would it only seems to be concerned with algae anyone have any advice???

urchins dont eat anemones so your good there and for the most part an anemone can stand the odd poke by something and tentacles being pulled by fish....they are hardy and very sensative at the same time if that makes any sense lol all the same though as i dont know your experience in sw but anemones really arent for newbies, and def not for new tanks:):)

evaneatspie555
12-07-2011, 03:13 AM
To add to this how long should someone wait to get one ?

intarsiabox
12-07-2011, 03:16 AM
My anemone went through a powerhead 3 times and still came back, even got two out of it the last time.

reefwars
12-07-2011, 03:22 AM
To add to this how long should someone wait to get one ?

alot of people get them right from the beginning but i think youll find they do better in established systems(meaning at least 1 year)

if your good at keeping the water clean, your liverock is functioning very well, and you have a good knowlege of them and decent lighting then when ever you see fit(obviously not during or immediately after acycle)

i would recomend a bubble tip to any person new to anemones....all the latter can be a bit tough to keep especially carpets and sebaes

reefwars
12-07-2011, 03:24 AM
My anemone went through a powerhead 3 times and still came back, even got two out of it the last time.

i had a 24" x 24" magnificant and it loved the glass in fact one day i came home from work to it halh in my tank and halh in my overflow box.....i had to use razors to get it off...the overflow teeth had it in there pretty good....i miss that nem what a beauty it was:( (it survived the overflow i just sold it later so i could get a nicer nem)