PDA

View Full Version : Feather Dusters and Camra

littleboyblue16
01-24-2004, 04:13 AM
I want to buy a feather duster, and i tried looked at sites about them, but there is none, anything special i need to know?

and my mom finally bought a new digital camra, since the other one broke, once i figure out how to use it, i will take lots of pictures of my tank for yyou all.....

just an update on my tank, my seahorse is still swimming away i just bought a new scooter blennie, still have my firefish goby, and my mushrooms that kuttaos gave me are doing wounderful, and the red micro algea that bev. gave me at the get together is doing wounderful, i plann on this month or next to finally get some pc lighting for it, yeah i know i said i wouldnt do it, but i have fallen in love with my 20gal, but i did see a nice 230gal at A.I. :P but that for when i get the house :P

but everything is going great, now to show you pictures, oh yeah i still have the darn algea problem, and the shrimp which i forgot to mention is not doing his job! same with the hermit crabs! but yeah :)

Quinn
01-24-2004, 04:17 AM
If you're expecting the shrimp to help with algae, don't. :razz: Depending on the type of algae, more/less light, more current, use of RO water if you're not already may help.

littleboyblue16
01-24-2004, 05:26 AM
yeah i could, damn algea, its like stuck on my glass haha, yeah damn shrimp -smacks it- oh well

Quinn
01-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Tony, help me out here: If algae on glass then cleaning magnet for and algae go boom else algae go bloom end.

Is that even close to any language in existence?

Beverly
01-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Matt,

Algae on the glass can be removed by several means. A magnetic remover, the blue scouring pad method (make sure you buy it at a lfs meant for glass), or a credit card.

Also, scrape off the algae the morning of your water change, then clean the living heck out of your foams, or whatever you have in your mechanical filter, in outgoing changewater. Cleaning the algae off the glass, then leaving it in the tank will just get you more algae. Cleaning your filter is the most important step on your weekly water change day, imo.

Delphinus
01-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Tony, help me out here: If algae on glass then cleaning magnet for and algae go boom else algae go bloom end.

Is that even close to any language in existence?

Ummmm ..... eh???? :eek: No understand.... :confused: Parse error parse error kernel panic

littleboyblue16
01-25-2004, 03:43 AM
alright thanks for the note, i will start doing that with the foam and all that, i like the algea on the side, but i guess its not good to have weird anyways thanks for the advice :P