PDA

View Full Version : Will my zoo's comeback to life

JaiWiz
07-14-2011, 04:20 AM
I had a matted filefish nip at some zoo's i have removed them from that tank and put them in a coral tank. but he nipped at them so bad that i fear they will not comeback can anyone shed some light on this for me please. the encrusting base is still there and it just looks like the polyps have closed right up and shrunk down. i gope they comeback they were beautiful

The Grizz
07-14-2011, 04:22 AM
If there is something left of them and water prams are good they should regrow. I have had some zoas look like they have completely melted away & they have regrown.

eli@fijireefrock.com
07-14-2011, 05:56 AM
I 2nd THE GRIZZ
If any meat :biggrin: left on the rock and all parameters are fine you should see some growth within 10 days.

Jenn_737700
07-14-2011, 08:03 PM
I had something similar happen. My zoas were close to my torch, and ended up getting stung:razz: In about 2 weeks they were A LOT better, and on the road to recovery. Just give them time. They're hardy little things.:biggrin:

Zoaelite
07-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Depends on your parameters and which zoanthid it is, I have had many melt right down to the coenchyme and rebound promptly.

Little extra variable flow never hurts.

daniella3d
07-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Can I bet 50 against one here? I don't think they will recover if they are melted that much. Depending on the type of zoanthids, they can do that even without being nipped at, and for no apparent reason.

When ever I had a colonie attacked by amphipods, it has always disapear. Zoanthids are not hardy at all. The very common ones might be but those more rare and exclusive are usualy fragile and do not tolerate being disturbed.

Good water change usualy help them recover, but if there are amphipods in your tank they might take advantage of their poor condition and eat them.