PDA

View Full Version : RBTA , Mini Carpet WAR

arash53
07-13-2011, 11:48 PM
I recently bought an small RBTA , she moved right above my mini carpet and they sometimes touch each other , I tried to move the mini carpet to somewhere else but I could not , when I toch it squish between the rock ! should I just leave them and they will get alone or they will kill each other?

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/arash53/647ec2f4.jpg

Skimmerking
07-14-2011, 01:52 AM
trust me that the Rtba will move when its bothered

arash53
07-14-2011, 01:55 AM
I really want it to be in the current spot, I hope mini carper move somewhere else

daniella3d
07-14-2011, 03:46 AM
You can't force an anemone to be somewhere it does not want to be. I had a rock flower anemone that kept moving right beside my clam and of course that was slowly killing the clam so I tried moving it away twice and it did not work. It kept returning right there. I finaly scraped it from the rock and put it into my nano where it just did not like the move and died a few weeks later.

I now have a mini maxi and that's all I am ever going to get as far as anemone goes...they are a pain!

I really want it to be in the current spot, I hope mini carper move somewhere else

arash53
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Finally the mini gave up and moved a little bit ! Still close

Money pit
07-25-2011, 09:21 PM
They will still be at war, though now chemically along with all the other corals in the tank. The only nems that have a chance of getting along are clones of the same individual. Even two of the same species will fight, though it may take years to see a decline. If you run some good carbon it will help keep the toxins down to a minimum.