spotted manderin
2 clowns
firefish
2 blue green chromis
shrimp
crabs
clam
horse shoe crab

i really would like to have the 90gallon down and out of the day before we try to sell our house, if i sell the tang and keep everything else will they be fine for 2-3 months in a 25 gallon?? all that will be there is 20lbs of rock that has currently coral growing on it... or should i also get rid of some of the other live stock as well??

another option would be setting it up at the rental (if we need to rent while we wait for our house) then moving it again to the new house, which i dont really want to do

asylumdown
07-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I faced this exact dilemma 2 months ago. I ended up breaking everything down and giving my livestock to someone from here to look after while my new place was finished. Breaking down a 90 gallon tank is a hell of a lot more work than you think it will be, especially if you're trying to preserve your livestock. I wouldn't want to do it twice in a short span of time.

cathyg_99
07-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I faced this exact dilemma 2 months ago. I ended up breaking everything down and giving my livestock to someone from here to look after while my new place was finished. Breaking down a 90 gallon tank is a hell of a lot more work than you think it will be, especially if you're trying to preserve your livestock. I wouldn't want to do it twice in a short span of time.

thats what i was thinking, i dont mind getting rid of my yellow tang, and the chromis... i dont want to give up my spotted but in a 25gallon his food will be almost nothing so i think its just better... that way i can atleast take my sweet time setting it back up

asylumdown
07-11-2011, 08:49 PM
If you can find someone to babysit what you can't part with it might be a better option. Keeping in mind that each time you move the tank you're bound to go through a minor to major cycle, the water parameters will be all over the place, etc., etc., it will be much less stressful on your fish to go from one established home, to another.

and man, I thought 'oh, it will take me an of hour or so, easy peasy'. 4 hours later I was ready to start transporting everything. That's not counting what it took to clean out the tank and get it ready for sale.

cathyg_99
07-11-2011, 09:01 PM
If you can find someone to babysit what you can't part with it might be a better option. Keeping in mind that each time you move the tank you're bound to go through a minor to major cycle, the water parameters will be all over the place, etc., etc., it will be much less stressful on your fish to go from one established home, to another.

and man, I thought 'oh, it will take me an of hour or so, easy peasy'. 4 hours later I was ready to start transporting everything. That's not counting what it took to clean out the tank and get it ready for sale.

Ya id keep the 90 gallon and just transfer it over its just the clowns i realky want to keep anemones and some coral everything else can go