PDA

View Full Version : Just got a 6 bulb Tek T5HO light need advice!

SleepyPirate
07-09-2011, 02:26 AM
Ok I just got a 6 bulb tek light T5HO im hanging it about 7" above the water. My last light was a ONE STOCK flouresent bulb. Now this new light has 2 Actinic Lamps and 3 daytime lights with one purple fiji light, how do I start up the new lights without shocking my system and what should i have the Actinic Lamps time set for and the daytime lights set for. Do they BOTH run during the day or just the daytime lights (4 lamps) and what should the timers be set at? All new too me.

Any advice would be helpfull! thanks !:mrgreen:

Reef23
07-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Ok I just got a 6 bulb tek light T5HO im hanging it about 7" above the water. My last light was a ONE STOCK flouresent bulb. Now this new light has 2 Actinic Lamps and 3 daytime lights with one purple fiji light, how do I start up the new lights without shocking my system and what should i have the Actinic Lamps time set for and the daytime lights set for. Do they BOTH run during the day or just the daytime lights (4 lamps) and what should the timers be set at? All new too me.

Any advice would be helpfull! thanks !:mrgreen:

I run my actinics for 11 and all lights for 9. Have the actinics come on an hour before and stay on 1 hour later. I think the best way if your hanging your light is to stay up say 10" and slowly work your way down. JMO maybe someone else has a better idea...goodluck

RuGlu6
07-09-2011, 03:20 AM
This is a lot of light i used to have 6xt5 and i remember how bright it is.
Make sure you increase light lewels incresase very slowly.

skabooya
07-09-2011, 03:24 AM
Can you turn on individual bulbs? If so start with 2 then a month later or so do 4 then a while later do all six.

If you can move your fixture then start it with all bulbs high above the tank and then slowly lower it over time to the desired position.

OR have 2 or 4 bulbs on and have all corals placed low in the tank and then after a while turn all bulbs on and then after a longer while move the corals up slowly.

SleepyPirate
07-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Great reply, guys at gold said the same thing!