PDA

View Full Version : frustration!!! - BRS Dual Reactor/ROX 0.8 and the filter pads

phi delt reefer
07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
For those of you who own the BRS reactors and run the ROX carbon - do you find the carbon always makes its way out of the reactor and through the filter pads?

DRIVES ME NUTS!!!! - luckly it just collects in my sump but i even double up the pads on the exist side of the canister insert and its still coming through.

anyone have a DIFFERENT Reactor that doesnt let any of the ROX through? OR has anyone modded theres?

I haven't setup the GFO side yet but i assume i will run into the same problem...

fishytime
07-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Too much flow perhaps???..... I know lots of people modded other reactors with an enkamat(sp) mod to run the pellets

phi delt reefer
07-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Too much flow perhaps???..... I know lots of people modded other reactors with an enkamat(sp) mod to run the pellets

I have is so its gently tumbling but a few pieces must be lighter or something cause they always rise all the way to the top and few of them make their way through the filter pads.

I think the enkemat's holes are also too big. I was going to use filter floss but i think it'll clog with the sand that sometimes circulates through my system.

fishytime
07-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Two layers of enkemat twisted so the patterns "chris cross"?