PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing xenia

three dawgs
01-23-2004, 04:18 AM
My xenia this morning developed white on one of its stocks. It has started to travel up the remaining part. Anyone tell me whta this is and what i can do? :sad:

Son Of Skyline
01-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I've never seen this before, so I can't ID the problem, however does it look like dying tissue or just colour missing? Either way I would probably just cut the affected piece off and toss it in the garbage. Better safe than sorry unless someone else here can explain why there's nothing to worry about.

BCOrchidGuy
01-23-2004, 10:41 PM
I've seen that and to be honest it freaked me out but I didn't do anything, the Xenia broke free of the rock and ended up somewhere else.... maybe it's just trying to move.

Doug

three dawgs
01-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Problem is its not right at the base of the stalk. Its about 3/4 ways up the xenia

Arbee03
01-24-2004, 01:06 AM
I notice the same thing with my xenia frag. It's about halfway up the stalk. It appeared about a week after I picked it up from KingEd's. Almost looks like loose skin. Doug maybe right cuz I watched it for awhile as it swayed with the current, and noticed how that particular area was reaching out towards a rock that was beside it. Maybe it's trying to branch out. I've only had this frag for 3 weeks now, and it has grown to almost twice the size of when I first bought it. Hope it's not dying tissue on my part because it does look healthy. :smile:

Rich

BCOrchidGuy
01-24-2004, 01:06 AM
yeah it looks like a chunk is missing? or like it's ripped, check with Jack or Wendell but I think it's fairly normal, if you move the Xenia and brown dusty clowdy stuff comes out then I'd consider it dead.

Doug